Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't imagine being without either one of them. I'm always looking for ways to make both of them even better. I'm 5-9, 145 lbs, and train year 'round to race road bikes. I love the dirt though, and plan to do more racing off the road.

The Flux is a 2007 Med. It's my "race bike", weighing 24.75 lbs. The drivetrain is full XTR, the wheels are Mavic CrossMax SL, Fox F100, CB 4Ti pedals, Chris King headset, Thompson Masterpiece seat post, Easton EA70 stem and handlebar, and Ergon GX-1 grips. I've raced and won STXC and XC on this bike. Next up is some endurance racing. It is an absolute pleasure to race, train, or just go for a ride on this machine.

The 2007 Med RFX is my "go anywhere" bike. I bought it last year from Turner when they were selling their demo fleet last year after Interbike. For the most part, I trust that Turner had set this RFX up for max enjoyment of the trail. The only thing that I have changed is to add the e-thirteen BG and chain guide, and a Gravity Dropper. It's not light at 35 lbs, and it's not fast (compared to the Flux), but it is unstoppable and more fun than I could ever describe.

In a couple of weeks I'm planning a week-long riding trip to the Taos area. The RFX is definitely going. I'll bring my SS too, just to kick my own a$$. I'm still torn about taking or leaving the Flux...

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sweet flux-that thing looks very fast. Cool rfx also, those two are a good combo to have. I wish i could afford a goanywhere bike like the rfx. Cool pics!

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Very nice bikes you got there DW! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts