Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I love my retro rigid Kona

888 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Duncan 
#1 ·
Some of you may recall my posting around October last year about my stolen Kona Kiluaea. Through an incredible bit of blind (well, sharp-eyed really) luck, I encountered and reclaimed my precious about three years after it was stolen.

Well, since last October my 5 Spot has often been left disgruntled and unloved in my bedroom as I've gone off gallivanting with my once-lost love. It's great to switch between a disc brake equipped FS bike and my old retro rigid bike from weekend to weekend. It seems to have improved my riding on, and enjoyment of, both bikes

Here are a few shots from riding last weekend. It might give also you a few ideas of what a weird bunch of people the ex-pat mtb community in Korea really is.

Picture 1: I have devised a way of avoiding future thefts by cleverly leaning my bike up against matching surfaces.

Picture 2: Fortunately probably nobody will want to steal this bike after seeing the hardcore flower abuse I have put the bike through.

Picture 3: I guess some might say rigid bikes went out with the dinosaurs. Well, there are still a few of them around.

Picture 4: I like flowers.

Picture 5: A good example of when not to ride.

Cheers, Duncan

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Cheers. I ride with the Korean riders a lot of the time too. Koreans are very fit and enthusiastic bikers. And the hikers are generally very tolerant of and friendly towards bikers too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.