Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$220 for the frame from Greenfish

Size small
6" Firefly
Mavic 521's laced to King's
Mix of reasonbly strong parts

This frame is amazing. Urban one day, XC the next, DJ the next, Drops and stunts the next... Manuals well, low standover, short top tube, low BB, handles the 6" fork. It's a little slack for DJ with the 6" fork but I drop in down to 4" mode and it works great as long has you're hitting the trannies. It really shines compared to my fully on slow technical lines, trials type moves, skinnies, and any drops to tranny. Hell, I rode a solid 5' to flat last night that you can cary almost no speed on, just a straight drop with no momentum and never missed my rear susp.

The only time I miss the travel of my Uzzi SLX that the build parts were robbed from is on fast DH sections and the new Nicolai will be handling that duty shortly. I've been so excited about this frame for the past two months that I figured I ought to post something up.

Gotta love hardtails...

Just realized I'd hear a bunch of whining if I didn't post a pic, so here it is...

Attachments

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i was really considering buying that frame, but i dotn remember why i didnt. i think i need somethign for my dh bike. glad to hear u liek it man. it looks like a really nice build. i kinda regret not gettong one cuase urs looks reall nice. get some dam action pics haha

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's def a good $200 spent. The mono M4's are overkill but comming off soon and being replaced by whatever is cheap, prob Avid mech's. The geo on this frame is just so friendly, esp if you're not particularly tall.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Nice ride .

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Err said:
$220 for the frame from Greenfish

Size small
6" Firefly
Mavic 521's laced to King's
Mix of reasonbly strong parts

This frame is amazing. Urban one day, XC the next, DJ the next, Drops and stunts the next... Manuals well, low standover, short top tube, low BB, handles the 6" fork. It's a little slack for DJ with the 6" fork but I drop in down to 4" mode and it works great as long has you're hitting the trannies. It really shines compared to my fully on slow technical lines, trials type moves, skinnies, and any drops to tranny. Hell, I rode a solid 5' to flat last night that you can cary almost no speed on, just a straight drop with no momentum and never missed my rear susp.

The only time I miss the travel of my Uzzi SLX that the build parts were robbed from is on fast DH sections and the new Nicolai will be handling that duty shortly. I've been so excited about this frame for the past two months that I figured I ought to post something up.

Gotta love hardtails...

Just realized I'd hear a bunch of whining if I didn't post a pic, so here it is...
I almost got that frame, but decided to go a different way. I think I'll post up pictures of it later (after a few weeks...). Don't DJ the Sherman in the lowered position, the "wings" in the travel adjuster WILL deform or sheer, and not only will the travel adjuster no longer work, but it'll make an irritating clicking. If you must, space out the travel adjuster to PERMANENTLY reduce the travel. This is much safer.

·
Registered
558 Posts
"This frame is amazing. Urban one day, XC the next, DJ the next, Drops and stunts the next..."

Nice build, glad to hear you like it. I have my Rumble set up SS for park and DJ. I took it out for its first real XC (10+ miles) last week and loved it. What a great bike!!
Let's see some action pictures....

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting on the fork. I figured it wasn't good for it but I didn't know exactly what would break. Oh well, I don't really like the fork anyway so when it breaks I'll put a Marz or a Travis 150 on it.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
It's a good fork, easy to tune and work with. The beauty of shimstack.

The older Rumbles has an issue with cracking at the seatstay yokes, but apparently plenty of people kept riding it even after knowing about the cracks. It's an awesome frame.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
japollner said:
sweet build! I almost bought the frame from greenfish as well but went with an RM Flow instead. I would tell you to worry a little because MC went under, but the frame will never break so you are fine.:)
Under what?

Mountain Cycle has not closed down or went out of business. There was / is some trouble, but there may be some good news shortly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i won a medium rumble at a 4x in portland and didn't think i would like it, i was in love with my p3. then i ovalized the head tube on the p3 (after 2 yrs of everyday dj,skateprk,and dh ridin dropped 17ft, very tough bike) then i built up the rumble and i like it more than my p3. little bigger then the short p3 but still easily manuverable. 06 dj2, single speed,danger boy stem, double track wheels on k-rads..all black and white but the fork...love it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.