Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the path of the Raw 'Box post, I'd like to just say how much I LOVE my little orange Behemoth. Since building this bike in December, it has taken me to a new level of riding. I've always loved technical riding, but on previous bikes there were certain obstacles that I could never clean and others that I'd never even attempt (e.g. Waterfall on National). Don't know if it's the bike or just my new-bike courage, but on the 'Moth I am riding just about everything that the toughest Phx trails can dish out. I may not be doing it with speed or much style, but gosh darn it I'm finally giving it a go! Thanks to Devin Lenz for a most awesome frame! Also, thanks to Mikesee for some killer wheels. I'm tubeless now and things are sweeeet. Last pic is my first attempt after 13 years of watching others ride the Waterfall on National. I got it on my 2nd try... what a triumph!

thanks to Bear who took most (all?) of these pics during AZSF this year...

Attachments

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Wow, that is so awesome!

You should definitely crosspost on Passion. I think the idea that finding the right "instrument" for our needs and individual body geometry and specific riding style is a very important one.

Plus the pics are impressive! :thumbsup: You go, girl!!

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Last pic is my first attempt after 13 years of watching others ride the Waterfall on National. I got it on my 2nd try... what a triumph!
Photos do not do that move justice at all. I requires a huge commitment. Great job.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Very nice..indeed.

So you chose the WB over the manipoo? what happened to the camo lowers?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jrm said:
So you chose the WB over the manipoo? what happened to the camo lowers?
Camo lowers? You mean when I had tire tubes over the WB lowers as scratch protectors when I was borrowing the fork? Well, since I bought the fork from TRB I decided to take off the tube covers. I've been riding the WB for the last few months and it is now in severe need of a rehaul... this is why I'm not a fan of WB forks and am a fan of manipoo. So last night I took off the WB and put the manipoo back on. yes, I own both :D Spare forks rule, allowing me time to tinker with the WB while still riding the bike. The Manitou made that annoying clicking sound, so we'll see if it still bugs me. Performance-wise, it was awesome and it's also about 0.7 lbs lighter than the WB. The click-click however was almost a deal breaker when I first put the thing on in Dec.

Speaking of camo and weight, I just got a new da Bomb 55mm stem that is white camo annodized. Oooo-la-la! It's certainly not light (added about 1/4 lb to my rig) but the style points are well worth the weight ;) . I'l have to get some pics this weekend with the new stem and white Manitou.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Camo lowers? Well, since I bought the fork from TRB I decided to take off the tube covers. I've been riding the WB for the last few months and it is now in severe need of a rehaul... this is why I'm not a fan of WB forks and am a fan of manipoo.
Really what seems to be the issue?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm super jealous. Nice pics and bike! Looks like I'm gonna go broke again. How do I get a hold of a Lenz Behemoth? Looking to purchase at the end of the year, man I can't wait.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
DurtGurl said:
sticky ticky tacky. I e-mailed WB for some disassembly & seal replacement guidelines, but no response yet. Would like to secure new seals before launching into it. You have any spare lying around you'd be willing to sell me???
Send it back to 'em. You'll have it back within 3 days of receipt (my experience) and feeling great (my experience).

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Padre said:
Send it back to 'em. You'll have it back within 3 days of receipt (my experience) and feeling great (my experience).
Agreed! Besides Eric was the last one to work on it (oil/spring) change before I sold it.

Sticky sounds to me like lack of lubrication. Has there been any oil loss lately?

·