Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have nothing against night riding and do enjoy it, but more daylight would suit me just fine. I'm glad to have more daylight now anyways! :D

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/07/daylight.saving.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- If Congress passes an energy bill, Americans may see more daylight-saving time.

Lawmakers crafting energy legislation approved an amendment Wednesday to extend daylight-saving time by two months, having it start on the first Sunday in March and end on the last Sunday in November.

"Extending daylight-saving time makes sense, especially with skyrocketing energy costs," said Rep. Fred Upton, R-Michigan, who along with Rep. Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, co-sponsored the measure.

The amendment was approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee that is putting together major parts of energy legislation likely to come up for a vote in the full House in the coming weeks.

"The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use," said Markey, who cited Transportation Department estimates that showed the two-month extension would save the equivalent of 10,000 barrels of oil a day.

The country uses about 20 million barrels of oil a day.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
crashedandburned said:
Weeelll, ya your right, but I still like have that extra hour in the evening. ;)
Agreed...my mornings are fer sleeping. More light in the evenings hours is much better in my little world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.