Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
DFL
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a Niner ROS 9 with a Manitou Tower Pro 120mm 9mm QR. For those that don't know it has a hybrid spring/air dampner. Spring for the sag and initial small bump compliance, and the air takes over on the bigger bumps. Right now it has a spring that is too soft, so I need to replace it. Now for my question. I made the mistake of surfing eBay the other day at work and I found a used 120mm Carbon Lefty. I've always wanted a Lefty, initially for the novelty of it, but after demoing a Cannondale, I liked the way it rode. All told for the fork, conversation adapter, and new front wheel, I'd be at about $900. Next I started searching for a new fork I wouldn't need to buy a new front wheel for, and I found a Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 120mm for about $520. I wouldn't need a new front wheel because it will convert to QR15. The cool thing about this fork is it would match the Rally Blue paint on my Niner. Or upgrade the spring on the Manitou for about $100. The Manitou only has a few rides on it so I could sell it and make some money back to put toward a new fork if I get one. So, what would you do?

Sent from my iPad while drinking the kool aid.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.