Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
These are numbers on paper from the tire info I've compiled, mixed with a little real life verification.
The D5 is reported to measure 96mm on 70s, 113mm on 90s and 114 on 100s.
The Maxxis Minion FBF 4.8 is 115mm on 80s.

I have run the latter combo on the 2013 AL version which I believe to be the same as the 2015 Ti, frame spec wise. The first season it was tight width-wise between the chain stays with the drops placed at optimal rearward swing to utilize the dimple in the stays. Clearance was so small but I only ran it in snow so wasn't too concerned. IIRC the frame/drops could accommodate a larger diameter tire but that is not what was needed. There was ever so small amount of chain rub so I biased the NDS side swinger back a few turns, running the wheel cocked in the frame.

I missed all of last snow season due to knee surgery. I've maintained it at 3-4psi hanging on the hook in the basement. If it stretches any in the 18months since it was last used it will be a no-go and I will be searching for a smaller tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.