Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...We are supposed to have one. I was out riding in short sleeves today, and I was actually warm just sitting beside the trail soaking up the sun. There were even butterflies out and about! It's all rather disturbing really. I spent most of my ride repairing trails damaged in the gales we had a couple of weeks ago. Cutting out fallen trees or re-routing trails. We've lost some nice bits but some of the detours are a bit spicy. We'll hit the big stuff with chainsaws at the weekend and we should have everything rideable in a couple of weeks.

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
Oh yeah...

LJintheUK said:
...We are supposed to have one. I was out riding in short sleeves today, and I was actually warm just sitting beside the trail soaking up the sun. There were even butterflies out and about! It's all rather disturbing really. I spent most of my ride repairing trails damaged in the gales we had a couple of weeks ago. Cutting out fallen trees or re-routing trails. We've lost some nice bits but some of the detours are a bit spicy. We'll hit the big stuff with chainsaws at the weekend and we should have everything ridable in a couple of weeks.
And I thought the UK was supposed to be cold, WE have been unusually cold In the Southwest as far as I can remember, 10 days or so below freezing and it won't get above 45 for another week or two, geeez. I ride the bike around the circle inside the house once a day or so just to keep from going stir crazy (doesn't really work though)

enjoy the break!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not complaining that hard, we just had the warmest January since records began and the weather forecasters are predicting an even hotter summer than last year. But I've just read about the IPCCs latest study into global warming and they state that it is very likely (read, over 90% certainty) that human action is responsible:bluefrown: . This is the biggest challenge to the naysayers yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Enjoy the spring-like riding weather! Winter has finally arrived for the east coast (US). Close to single digit lows, which would be pretty chilly for Maryland. At least the trails will freeze up and become rideable! :D
-jon

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
jlang002 said:
Enjoy the spring-like riding weather! Winter has finally arrived for the east coast (US). Close to single digit lows, which would be pretty chilly for Maryland. At least the trails will freeze up and become rideable! :D
-jon
my cajones are not quite as large or I simply lack the cold weather gear to pull it off. I may brave it anyway...just to spin the wheels.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as we had a really warm Christmas here in Michigan, but that has changed dramatically and we now have 1 foot of snow on the ground with snow predicted for the next 5 days and temps hovering in the mid to low teens and single digits forcasted for next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.