1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Their flat bar being $125 currently, that's a pretty steep price for a riser, albeit a nice riser that's no longer available. What are you supposed to do, keep it and hope it appreciates more in fear of actually using it? I like that buy it now price of $525.

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Their flat bar being $125 currently, that's a pretty steep price for a riser, albeit a nice riser that's no longer available. What are you supposed to do, keep it and hope it appreciates more in fear of actually using it? I like that buy it now price of $525.
Oh yeah, gotta love that Buy-It-Now price!:rolleyes:

G

·
Hey guys, don't scoff at the $525 buy it now price. It includes the $17 shipping cost. So really its only like $508!

Wow. Bidding is already over $200. Then again, it is Titanium.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm sure like all other things Moots...

it offers average performance and is waaaaaaaaaay over priced.
When shopping for a softail a while ago, I had a YBB for the day. I expected to love it given all I had heard. What I found was a flexy, unresponsive frame that offered a very lack luster ride. All for an over the top price.:confused: For the prices they command there are so many bikes/components that are much better.

Just my $.02 As alway YMMV.

Mark

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirty Mac said:
Hey guys, don't scoff at the $525 buy it now price. It includes the $17 shipping cost. So really its only like $508!

Wow. Bidding is already over $200. Then again, it is Titanium.
LOL, now that you put it THAT way, lemme go Buy-It-Now!!!..........................um, ok, maybe not.....:p

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
psinsyd said:
I mean, really!! I'd love to be able to pick up a Moots frame, but I found this on eBay and was blown away. I never realized their components were THAT expensive!!:eekster:

I'm beginning to think that the only thing with "Moots" on it that I can afford is a set of Moots stickers.:p

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Moots-Titan...ryZ56194QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, no I'm not the seller.

:cool:
A mid 90's used Cook Bros. quill stem went for $830 dollars a few weeks ago.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Rivet said:
A mid 90's used Cook Bros. quill stem went for $830 dollars a few weeks ago.
Please tell me that they weren't US dollars...and the decimal is in the right place. Why Cook Bros? I mean, some of their stuff was sort of cool, but they had (still have?) quality issues.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Please tell me that they weren't US dollars...and the decimal is in the right place. Why Cook Bros? I mean, some of their stuff was sort of cool, but they had (still have?) quality issues.
Overseas guys (German?) are driving up prices of vintage MTB stuff. It's like the Japanese with vintage audio equipment.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
scrublover said:
hmmm. and you can get a custom seven ti bar for about 100-200. new. makes no sense.
Flat bar--not a Seven ti riser unless I am mistaken. And the reason Moots stopped selling this unbraced ti riser is bar failure. It's very nice for a light rider in the Midwest at the mfg price.

There is currently no other nicely made light ti riser on the market as far as I know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.