Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The travel adjust mode.....is the 4 inch just for climbing or can u jump on it as well?
thanx

oh yea i payed 120 for it NEW.

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
The Dude said:
The travel adjust mode.....is the 4 inch just for climbing or can u jump on it as well?
thanx

FWIW, I've used mine a whole lot in 4" mode, as have several other people I've talked to (urban mostly), and they've had no problems, nor have I.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
My breakout clicks and makes funny noises in short mode, I avoid it because I have heard of some getting stuck there or never being quiet, I don't mind 6 inch mode.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
The Dude said:
thanx

$120 is just sick. How'd you pull that off?

I use mine in 4" mode a lot, probably 25% of the time. Never had a problem. But then again, other people have reported failure just using it a few times.

·
Registered
36 Posts
don't do it

i assume it's the same mechanism as the travel adjust in the sherman breakout. it's a small set of wings that flare outward and compress a small spring. it's not built to take full on loads i.e. it's more just for climbing.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sierra trading post.....

its an outdoors outlet and they sometimes have biking stuff....i dont think they knew what they had....

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Dude said:
thanx

120 new?! It must be broken, give it to me.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sure

Rush_ said:
120 new?! It must be broken, give it to me.
so u can make sure its not broken? u would only have it for awhile right? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts