Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and wondering if there's anyone who rides trails in the winter and if so which ones? What are the good shops to go to? If anyone is doing or knows of road rides in the area I would be interested in that too. Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome

I ride all winter. I have lights and studded tires but i am riding mostly roads now due to the snow amounts. Live in Wilbraham. There is quite a few goos shops around, where exactly are you living?

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is usually a group that rides Wednesday nights at Robinson State park at about 6:00 pm. Typically about a 2 hour ride.

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
shitbirdbicycle said:
...and wondering if there's anyone who rides trails in the winter and if so which ones? What are the good shops to go to? If anyone is doing or knows of road rides in the area I would be interested in that too. Thanks.
I'm getting back from CA tomorrow and I'm planning on hitting the Batchelor Street trails on the weekend. It's probably slicker than snot out there, but as long as there's no ice on the rocks it should be cool...I've been gone for three weeks so I really have no idea. If you're in Holyoke, B Street is 15 minutes across the river. Send me a PM if you're down.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'd be real surprised if batchelor street was rideable. It's most likely a hard, slushy mightmare. Please let us know if it is not.

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
smelly said:
I'd be real surprised if batchelor street was rideable. It's most likely a hard, slushy mightmare. Please let us know if it is not.
Took a hike down there this morning. It's not great, and the parking lot and most of the doubletracks are still covered, but the singletracks are surprisingly clear. It looks rideable, as long as you don't mind pushing through the snow now and again. Plenty of bike tracks too...I'm going to head back tomorrow and try to ride it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Pittsfield, and bike year round, I find Mt Greylock do-able in the winter, I ride on the snowmobilers tread tracks as they for the most pack it down pretty good, it's a very tough ride going up and a tougher ride coming down cuz ya got to keep your butt over the rear wheel to unload the front tire or it will dig in, bring a change of clothes if you do it, you'll get soaked with sweat on the ascent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts