Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you tweeners.
I am proud to join the team with my first ever brand new bike with a 2013 Rocky Mountain Altitude 750.
I'll pick it up this afternoon and will post a pic then. I know round here pic=proof. Yahoo! Now I can't wait to ride it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Grats, its a phenon of a bike. Leave the ride 9 in the neutral setting for a few rides, and then slowly start to experiment with it. After playing around with several of the settings, I settled back into the neutral setting. The bike is poppy, light, has classic neutral RM steering and is a beast. : )

·
orthonormal
4,927 Posts
Grats, its a phenon of a bike. Leave the ride 9 in the neutral setting for a few rides, and then slowly start to experiment with it. After playing around with several of the settings, I settled back into the neutral setting. The bike is poppy, light, has classic neutral RM steering and is a beast. : )
I've settled in on setting #7. Half a degree slacker than neutral, about 5 mm lower BB, and a bit more progressive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya , the Rep suggested keeping it I neutral as well. I checked out the interactive web site for Ride9 but couldn't get it to work on my Mac.
Go figure, I bought a new bike and we have 3 days of snow in the forecast. Haha! Damn!

·
Nostralpicas
216 Posts
I've got a little over one hundred miles on my 770, love it.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
There's a team?! I didn't know we were a team, I just thought we were a bunch of like sick-minded individuals. We need jerseys, or Ts, or pants, a sticker.....something. I so happy to be on a team. In the words of the Jerk, I'm somebody now. Also, I recently took the SS Ber out in the snow, she didn't roll too well. Are there 650b fatties, is that a different team?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
There's a team?! I didn't know we were a team, I just thought we were a bunch of like sick-minded individuals. We need jerseys, or Ts, or pants, a sticker.....something. I so happy to be on a team. In the words of the Jerk, I'm somebody now. Also, I recently took the SS Ber out in the snow, she didn't roll too well. Are there 650b fatties, is that a different team?
Yes it is a team. You do know the secret handshake don't you?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, ok. Maybe I became overwhelmed by a sence of finally belonging to a group that is cooler than myself for the first time in my biking career.

Stickers are warranted I do believe.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Yes it is a team. You do know the secret handshake don't you?
Nope, on the outside again. Looking over the fence, hoping the captains will choose me and show me the secret handshake. I guess I shoulda checked with the team to get permission to build my machine...

I'm for stickers, that's cool.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went to pick up my Altitude yesterday afternoon. The LBS dude and I were just checking it out when he says "did u buy an x-sm. ?" I'm 5'6". Nope I said. Now I have to wait at least a week. At least it's not rideable right now with all the damn snow. (4-8 more inches comin today). I could have at least takin it into my house and gazed upon it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts