Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new Reba. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet as it's monsooning here but my first impressions are that it's going to be sweet. Visually,it seems to have slackened the head angle which is what was bothering me about the my old set-up ( I'm running a 293 and had the stock Marz forks on it) so that's good. I'll let you know how it rides.

·
Registered
665 Posts
never_was said:
my new Reba. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet as it's monsooning here but my first impressions are that it's going to be sweet. Visually,it seems to have slackened the head angle which is what was bothering me about the my old set-up ( I'm running a 293 and had the stock Marz forks on it) so that's good. I'll let you know how it rides.
Monsooning huh? Are you in AZ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still haven't had a a chance to rie it but probably tonightt.

I did notice though that the fork came with a set-up sheet for a Motion Control rear shock. Looks like these are on the Trek Fuels. If you check out the upper end 2005 models on Treks site who can see the shock there. Anybody know more about these?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never mind. this was up on Velonews today

"Before leaving RockShox product manager Sander Rigney pulled me aside to show one final suspension goody-RockShox's 2005 Motion Control equipped MC3 and MC3R rear shocks. Although Trek has the exclusive on the shocks for 2005, look for RockShox's new Ario rear shock to come with the unique lock-out feature found on the MC3R. Controlled by a handlebar-mounted remote, the MC3R can be activated and deactivated with the flip of the rider's thumb. Even more interesting is that RockShox will produce a lock-out called the PopLoc Dual which will operate both the front and rear lock-outs simultaneously"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I finally got to go out for a quick rip and I figured what better way to try a new fork then on typical rainy day on the North Shore. Let me say I was more than impressed. Has mentioned before the Reba slackened the head angle, not alot but more towards something I was used, so that was the first noticeable difference. I didn't feel like I was leaning over the handlebars all the time.

I left the fork set pretty much how I got. At least I didn't play with the air settings just adjusting the compression and the floodgate. Doing the intial climb I "locked" out the fork and got pretty much zero bob even when standing up. When I got into a bit more technical climbing over roots I backed it off to about half and it climbed over roots like a dream. Once at the top I backed it off all the way and headed down. I rode this same trail last week on my Marz and there was a big difference. The Reba just sucked up the bumps and drops that I found myself starting launch a few of the smaller drops ( 2 feet) as opposed to rolling them like I have in the past. I did find myself doing a few ladder bridges that I don't normally do. I think this more due to the head angle. So for an initial ride I think the fork was really good. It was rebounding quicker than I like so I need to play with that and then all will be right.

I also tried some Candy pedals for the first time and they were much better in the rain and mud than Shimanos. I packed my cleats with mud and had no problem getting in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts