Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know if you guys visit the Clyde forum at all. I've mentioned over here a few times that I was thinking of getting an EG but decided to get a dedicated FR bike instead for Northstar and Shuttle runs. I'm 6 ft tall and was hovering around 215-223 lbs. I got serious and decided to lose the weight to have a better life. I asked my wife if I could spend $100 for every pound I lost on a FR bike she said if I could lose it I could spend it. I started on Oct 15 of 07 at 223lbs, I'm now down to about 191-192lbs, so I've lost about 31-32 pounds so far and I'm going to continue until I get down to the low 180's. I rented a Faith at Northstar last year which kinda started the whole thing, so I knew I liked the Maestro suspension, I thought about a Stinky Deluxe or maybe an IH 7 Point but decided on the Glory 0. I picked it up today, it weighs about 45 pounds and is massive, everything is huge, 34 mm rims, the 66 RC3 with the 38mm Stanchions, the bottom tube is massive, the pictures dont do it justice. I'm gonna take it out tomorrow for the first ride of the season for me, I'm gonna have to do about a 5 mile climb on it which should make the ML feel like a feather when I get back on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Congratulations on a new steed and on the weight loss......

Take it easy when jumping back on the ML after the Giant... I always have to be a little careful, do a jump and forget the ML is feather weight and feel like I am going to loose it in the air for a few moments....

As it happens will be on the ML tomorrow in Barcelona area... Yeah ha... Smiles here they come...

Enjoy your Giant

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Whafe said:
Congratulations on a new steed and on the weight loss......

Take it easy when jumping back on the ML after the Giant... I always have to be a little careful, do a jump and forget the ML is feather weight and feel like I am going to loose it in the air for a few moments....

As it happens will be on the ML tomorrow in Barcelona area... Yeah ha... Smiles here they come...

Enjoy your Giant
Remember to do with that baby, what it does best... SHRED!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Little ride review

Took out the Glory this morning on a 11 mile loop I frequent on the ML. You feel like you are dragging an anchor behind you the whole way up even though it has 22-34 gearing as the granny. You sit a little further behind the pedals so your lower back takes a beating. Going down was a blast though, soaks up everything in the trail and with 2.5 tires, traction is not an issue. I found myself looking for the roughest way down. Cant wait until Northstar opens!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts