Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This herd of Rocky Mtn Sheep coming up Loveland Pass, filling the opposite lane. At first I thought it was a herd of motorcycles till I got closer. They, en masse, decided to bolt off the side of the highway

Now they're looking organized

No, now they're coming back up and headed my way

Heading up to Blue Lakes Rez from Hoosier Pass

Lots of selfies being shot with the resident "tame" herd of Mountain Goats. They're not tame, they do tolerate the hordes of tourists but they will jump up and dance on the hood of your car

So, this is a Mountain Goat as opposed to the sheep above

Reactions: dysfunction

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was last week on a working trip to Summit County. This is from today, not a working trip, a different experience from what I'm used to this summer

Early morning start

Another pas de deux, roots and rock. How long will this rock remain suspended?

Notice the blue sky. Been a long time since I've seen that

And

Reactions: Dave Mac

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the second pic of the Bighorn Sheep: my guess it's mostly females but there's one that has its horns pointing down, most likely a male. Pretty soon him and his mates will be head bangin'

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was up in Summit County looking for a specific scene to be shot for a client. In a certain way. Very specific and I drove all over looking with some but not much success

I drove up Spruce Creek Rd looking. Cars lined the dirt road starting about 1/2 mile from the trailhead. Decent parking was optional

In parts of Frisco parking was non-existent. They've been doing a lot of remodeling on the roads and town for what seems like years now

I went south out of Copper on 91 towards Fremont Pass. On my left was Clinton Gulch Reservoir, built by Climax Molybdenum in the '70s. The daily rain was beginning

But the daily rain only lasted an hour or so then

There's no boating, there is fishing and hiking. A loop trail goes around the res from parking lots on either side. The trail on the left side crosses numerous springs, the trail on the right is pretty much in tall trees. I suppose a guy could continue hiking up the valley beyond but I never have

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I first arrived in Dillon I looked for a campsite at Peak One. Fingers crossed, I drove past full campsites till, incredibly, this one was available for two nights. The camp hosts later told me I was the luckiest guy in the world to have nabbed this site. Heck, any site would have been fine but it was indeed right next to the water which it seems most people want

Obligatory beer shot

Evening view over the water. The lake was full. The entire western USA is in drought and on fire and this lake is full and it rained every day, go figure

Morning view from my campsite

In search of the shot I needed I headed up Boreas Pass

I like to park and hike straight up these hills till I'm completely above the last tree

Last morning. Rumor was of all day rain so it was time to go

Again with the driving up to 11,000' into the clouds

But the sun came out on the Alma side of Hoosier Pass. The play of light and shadow was pretty mesmerizing as I drove on 285 towards Denver. Had to remind myself to focus on the road, not the scenery

Kenosha Pass

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I was first parking at that site some people were carrying their canoes down to the water. They stashed them under the trees on the shoreline. Every time I walked past them I had to look twice, thinking they were beached whales

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.