Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent ther was a post for a rerto lugged disc brakes monster cross.

This inspired me to play about. So with some left over 9er wheels for v-brakes, some leftovers for the parts bin and a resurected frame, i built a pub bike.

But why post her you ask, well it will fit me ritchey 700x42 monster x tyres (althought got slicks for now). I also recently had someone try to knock off my hardtail 26er destroying my lock in the process, thanfully they didnt get the bike. So "Inspiration" as i call it was born after reading the thread about the above bike.

Inspiation Number 2, is at this stage planned to be a Voodoo Agwe fitted up with flat/riser bars for commmuting to work (budget and wife permitting).

Ozbikebuddy

Attachments

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
Since it's a pub bike, do you worry about getting pulled over for riding under the influence?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Needs Huffy decals and some rubber rock shox dust sleeves on the fork applied on with visible duct tape. I also don't like how I can sort of see a tire brand there on the side - that's pretty darned fancy, needs spraypaint.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
current mods

Well the frame was an Apollo (aussie brand) hybrid. I just agve a guick wet and dry and slopped some kill rusy on the a brush (where its black). Everything else is recycled. I flipped the stem today as when i got out of the saddle it just felt too high in the front end. It feels much nicer to ride now.

Going to add some allen key skewers tomorrow (the only thing I will have had to purchase), to secure the wheels and seatpost better. also neew to get some 10mm washer for the rear wheel as the dropouts are a littler on the thin side making it diffucult to get the rear wheel tight enough.

And it looks like the agwe will be a goer. I plan to swap out the bars and stem for some risers and a more convertional arrangemnt. Something along the lines of running a SS Cross check with flat bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.