4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Banned
656 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Very nice work!
very nice no doubt, but for good old trailriding i prefer the agro, rustic feel better than the polished walk in the park look.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Yeah, but when you do contribute, it's always good stuff! I'd like to have that new bridge over the little creek in my back yard!

Kathy :^)

·
beer thief
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaco said:
very nice no doubt, but for good old trailriding i prefer the agro, rustic feel better than the polished walk in the park look.
I agree. This one is located about 200 yards from the trailhead and will mostly be used by walkers/hotel guests. It needed railings.

A more typical trail bridge we built:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
(stands and applauds)

AWESOME! That's some really awesome work you've done. Bring's new meaning to the phrase "post whore" for me.

Why can't all bridges have railings? :eek:

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Nice bridge! I like the built-in "safe havens" for the pedestrians for when the mtb'ers go roaring over. That's a great PR coup there Rad!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
who is that fool in the pic? tell him to ditch the reflectors in the woods! =)

Great bridge Rob. I have to make it back up there next year. I can't believe I didn't make it to the whites this whole season.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Sturdy construction , and cool job of wheeling it as well.

Mike T. said:
Nice bridge! I like the built-in "safe havens" for the pedestrians for when the mtb'ers go roaring over. That's a great PR coup there Rad!
Not to late to use a wood burner and mark the hand rail with ---- brought to you by local mountain bikers - brought to you by local mountain bikers - brought to you by local moutain bikers .....

·
beer thief
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lidarman said:
Nice Rob! I hope you got a competent engineer to make sure that bridge is strong though! ;)
Hehe, it's so overbuilt it's kind of an embarrassment to us engineers, Rich. I needed the middle stringer to be able to use 2x decking; it's built strong enough to hold a party of people.

Mike T. said:
"Safe Havens", aka passing zones. :D Thanks Mike. We're lucky to have a town manager who is an avid MTBer, a great ally.

Evel Knievel said:
Not to late to use a wood burner and mark the hand rail with ---- brought to you by local mountain bikers...
Yes! We were talking about routing a couple deck boards with "NEMBA" to put our signature on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts