Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting used to the Mukluk, my big $$$ FS 29er never gets ridden. Sure, in an xc race the 29er would get me a little farther up in the results, but not as much farther as I had originally thought...

The traction, I LOVE THE TRACTION!!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
86 Posts
I sold my FS bike. It was just sitting. I still use a hard tail 29er race bike for, you know, racing. The fattie for me is just such a nice change. I feel like it gives me permission to slow down, look around, and see what I can make it ride over. It reminds me of when I first got a mountain bike and I was shocked at where I could take it. It really has brought a bunch of the fun back for me.

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinking of giving my Epic Comp 29'er to my adult son. The last time I rode it was in January and my FatBoy has been ridden about 65 times since then. I just love the traction, its ability to ride through and over things that would stop my 29'er dead in its tracks, and the simple fun factor. Only problem is that I have to stop more often to explain to people what my bike is when they ask. I will keep my road bike, though. :)

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,617 Posts
I can't wait to do some summer riding on my 29er FS, I just got it prepped this morning and did some test riding. I'm a bit sick of the heavy wet-mattress accelerating bone-jarring fatbike, especially since the snow is mostly gone.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Fatties are great and all but...

Reassess when the fever breaks. Things may look different. Or bring your Muk to Moab and ride one of the more tech trails. The purpose of your FS rig may come back to you. I'm reminded of an image from one of mikesee's posts from a year or two ago: a Pug, I think it was, in the Moab parking lot, dried blood and a for sale sign on it. Still makes me chuckle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.