Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting used to the Mukluk, my big $$$ FS 29er never gets ridden. Sure, in an xc race the 29er would get me a little farther up in the results, but not as much farther as I had originally thought...

The traction, I LOVE THE TRACTION!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Me too. My S Works Enduro has been ridden once since I got my fatty and I have a feeling it won't see more than one or two days on the trails this year unless I magically come up with a bunch of money for lift served days.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
I'm really enjoyin' my fatty too. My Stumpjumper hasn't been out since early December.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I've been forcing myself to ride my FS because I am trying out xc racing this weekend.

But yeah I prefer the fatty. And the FS was over 3X the price too!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I sold my FS bike. It was just sitting. I still use a hard tail 29er race bike for, you know, racing. The fattie for me is just such a nice change. I feel like it gives me permission to slow down, look around, and see what I can make it ride over. It reminds me of when I first got a mountain bike and I was shocked at where I could take it. It really has brought a bunch of the fun back for me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Once you go fat... hehee.

Sounds like time to sell the FS 29er and take the Muk to 11-speed with an extra wheelset. Maybe a Bluto?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinking of giving my Epic Comp 29'er to my adult son. The last time I rode it was in January and my FatBoy has been ridden about 65 times since then. I just love the traction, its ability to ride through and over things that would stop my 29'er dead in its tracks, and the simple fun factor. Only problem is that I have to stop more often to explain to people what my bike is when they ask. I will keep my road bike, though. :)

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
As I guy who breaks stuff a lot, I need to count on having a back-up.

Fat bike is down with rear hub issues, and 29er is down with a broken rear spoke.

Road bike it is!!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,428 Posts
I can't wait to do some summer riding on my 29er FS, I just got it prepped this morning and did some test riding. I'm a bit sick of the heavy wet-mattress accelerating bone-jarring fatbike, especially since the snow is mostly gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sold my cannondale flash carbon 29er for my beargrease! This thing rides amazing and crawls over rocks and roots like no other. I added HEDs this week, I'm down to 24lbs. No wet mattress here. Just a big smile the whole ride

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Fatties are great and all but...

Reassess when the fever breaks. Things may look different. Or bring your Muk to Moab and ride one of the more tech trails. The purpose of your FS rig may come back to you. I'm reminded of an image from one of mikesee's posts from a year or two ago: a Pug, I think it was, in the Moab parking lot, dried blood and a for sale sign on it. Still makes me chuckle.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As much as I love my Fatboy
We have been riding single track up in the hills this weekend
Suspension on the Shinobi felt goooooood

1 - 20 of 22 Posts