Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
available. You guys seem pretty health conscious here...so I thought I'd share this. Let me start by saying SOY really doesn't agree with my system - and just about every bar manufacturer seems to dump "soy nuggets" in everything for the protein source. It's nasty stuff and wrecks havoc on your digestive system.

www.organicfoodbar.com does not contain soy, has no preservatives, peanuts, dairy, and is gluten free. It is very easy to digest and my favorite the "active greens" is 90% raw.

For those in Colorado area, Vitamin Cottage stocks these. I've been buying them by the case and keep 3-4 in my drawer at work. If you are tired of the highly acid gut-bombs laden with soy and other additives, give these a try.

Almond butter*, date paste*, agave nectar*, brown rice protein*, raisins*, flax sprouts*, quinoa sprouts*, wheat grass juice powder*, barley grass juice powder*, sesame seeds*, spirulina*, blueberries powder*, raspberries powder*, broccoli sprouts*, beet juice powder*.
*From organic farming

I've been trying to eat raw foods as a snack and a bag of carrots and broccoli doesn't go too far. One of these bars at 300 calories and loaded with good fats seems to do the job. And i'm one of those "always hungry" types too...so it beats hitting the vending machine at work. Check it out, good stuff.

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
2melow said:
available. You guys seem pretty health conscious here...so I thought I'd share this. Let me start by saying SOY really doesn't agree with my system - and just about every bar manufacturer seems to dump "soy nuggets" in everything for the protein source. It's nasty stuff and wrecks havoc on your digestive system.

www.organicfoodbar.com does not contain soy, has no preservatives, peanuts, dairy, and is gluten free. It is very easy to digest and my favorite the "active greens" is 90% raw.

For those in Colorado area, Vitamin Cottage stocks these. I've been buying them by the case and keep 3-4 in my drawer at work. If you are tired of the highly acid gut-bombs laden with soy and other additives, give these a try.

Almond butter*, date paste*, agave nectar*, brown rice protein*, raisins*, flax sprouts*, quinoa sprouts*, wheat grass juice powder*, barley grass juice powder*, sesame seeds*, spirulina*, blueberries powder*, raspberries powder*, broccoli sprouts*, beet juice powder*.
*From organic farming

I've been trying to eat raw foods as a snack and a bag of carrots and broccoli doesn't go too far. One of these bars at 300 calories and loaded with good fats seems to do the job. And i'm one of those "always hungry" types too...so it beats hitting the vending machine at work. Check it out, good stuff.
What - no bacon fat?

How does this bar taste? From the ingredients it looks really bad :eek: .

Cheers
:cool:

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good...no worse than eating a powerbar, clif bar, etc.

Plus, you know you are eating good stuff. It goes down easy for me. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it tasted like crap.

·
Banned
20,161 Posts
I on the John Stamstad ride snack plan. Ho Hos and potato chips. Works great for me and goes down easy. Doesn't seem to have that soy, which doesn't agree with me. Plus they are really cheap when their expiration dates have passed and wholesale distributors are unloading them in bulk.

·
Ex-Clydesdale
600 Posts
Now here's a dumb question... where can I buy this over on the east coast?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.