Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the tittle says I have an old Litespeed that is I believe a small and I race on large 29er for cross country. Is there any use I can get out of this bike or should I part ways with it and try to sell it to someone who actually fits it?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Bike fit is top priority typically. Sometimes you can get away with a smaller frame by going with a layback seatpost & long stem but the seat angle is affected in a negative way. Legs to far forward, butt to far back. That won't help your frame out from a longevity standpoint either, places a lot of stress on the seat tube area. And titanium sadly will crack even if the manufacturers may hint that it'll last you a lifetime.

You should be able to measure the seat tube from the center of the BB to the top of the seat tube, that will give you the actual size. Probably a 15" or 16"

Very cool bike to have around if you have a family member who can ride it. Otherwise post a pic & I'm sure someone can give you a fair amount on what it's worth.

·
Bikes in jeans
2,370 Posts
Sounds too small IMO even with compensating measures like setback posts or longer stems. It's got some top notch era components including the front fork. If you have an interested family member who would appreciate it, that's the route I'd go. Otherwise, it's a desirable bike, with components that are still desirable for us who still ride older 26ers. It's definitely worth something if you sell it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.