Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got what I consider to be an unreal deal on this bike. Has a 720wh battery with a Brose S and a Fox 36 fork. I havent hears anything about them much but it has a 5 year warranty and specs out very nice for what I paid. Now I am trying to sell my wife's Trek Fuel and her fat bike so I can fund her an Ebike too but I am not getting any bites so I am considering putting a Bafang on one of her bikes if none sell. I just worry about problems but I suppose Bafang has been proven by now. I just don't look forward to doing the work since I never have done a kit before.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
BH is like a 100 year old company if you didn't know? They used James McLean's help designing that bike: Hall of Fame Nominees - CB Klunkers

It has a 21700 cell battery like the Levo's that use the 700wh battery do and seems like a good price for what you paid for it! Enjoy.

And if you are thinking of a kit for your wife consider the Tongshen TSDZ2. Although not quite as robust if thrashed on as a Bafang if ridden reasonably the proper Torque Assist is the tipping point. recycles in Tennessee has good pricing. For 800 you can get a motor and 12ah 48v battery. Not hard to assemble either.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Interesting frame design. It looks like the seat tube attaches to the motor bracket only on one side? Is it bolted or welded?

Let us know how it rides. The specs are killer for only $3K.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BH is like a 100 year old company if you didn't know? They used James McLean's help designing that bike: Hall of Fame Nominees - CB Klunkers

It has a 21700 cell battery like the Levo's that use the 700wh battery do and seems like a good price for what you paid for it! Enjoy.

And if you are thinking of a kit for your wife consider the Tongshen TSDZ2. Although not quite as robust if thrashed on as a Bafang if ridden reasonably the proper Torque Assist is the tipping point. recycles in Tennessee has good pricing. For 800 you can get a motor and 12ah 48v battery. Not hard to assemble either.
Althoigh that motor is interesting the place you mentioned is terrible about responding to emails. Still havent heard back yet. I think I will just get her a purpose built ebike.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Althoigh that motor is interesting the place you mentioned is terrible about responding to emails. Still havent heard back yet. I think I will just get her a purpose built ebike.
Agreed they are not good at emailing back but they do get the product out in short order. One of those places that it is best to know what you want and looking for quick shipping and good price. There are you tube videos about how to put one on and it is what it is. I have been very happy with mine and would buy again. DIY is not so much a gamble but figuring out what works best.

Maybe not for you but anyone that wants a kit mid drive to get trying ebiking cheap, yet with the right features, this combo is about the best deal I know of.

48v TSDZ Kits - Re-Cycles E-bikes

https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/48v-batteries/products/48v-16ah-sea-viper

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, they do spec out well for the money but I worry about if there is a problem after the sale and if its this hard to contact about purchasing I can only imagine warranty claims. I won't name places but I have contacted a few other places that sell Bafang in the U.S. and to be totally honest I had friendlier and quicker responses from China direct websites.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I just charged the battery and tried the bike. Boy is it fun but I am not a fan of how techy it is. It comes with some wristband thing that looks like a fitbit and their site says its to protect the battery but I dont know from what exactly as I dont see anyone else doing this. If I can skip using the wristband I would prefer to. I dont fully understand how everything works and most of their videos are in another language.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
The wristband is used in lieu of the key to get the battery door open. If you have the key you do not need the wristband, AKA an electronic key.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, ok. So I can leave it at home when on rides then? Very little to do with this bike is in english and I am terrible about reading instructions and doing research. I am more of a do it first and ask questions later kind of guy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before the 4th their website said 50% off sale so I called them and got a great deal. Honestly I probably would have waited another year to get an ebike but I felt it was a good enough buy to just do it early. I dont understand if the wrist band has a battery? How would it be charged?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.