Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a free Raleigh M50 Mountain Track from a coworker. From my research using Bikepedia, I think it's a '96 model. It has a blue paint job that seems to turn a greenish tint from certain angles. Well, it's made in the USA. Does this mean anything?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SB, so true! I'm not selling it. Gonna make it into an SS rig. OI thought I'd ask since unlike cars, bikes and guitars that are made in the US seem to be highly valued. So I was just wondering if I got a rare )made in USA" bike. I know Raleighs aren;t rare, but the fact that it's made in the US, I wondered if I have a gem or something.

·
Machinist
171 Posts
I worked at a Raleigh/Klein/Trek/Schwinn dealershipship part time back then and I believe the stickers on Raleigh's quoted ''hand built in the USA''. The owners would get pissed at me for being honest with cutomers who just had to have an American built bike and I would tell them which bikes were manufactured here and which ones were assembeled here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.