Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hitch, 1.125", that I would like to use with a tray mount bike rack.

Because my car is a low riding, is there an adapter with a rise? Or worse, another rack I could purchase?

I currently have a Yakima Hold Up that scrapes every once in a while, DOH.

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
For 40 bucks I would give that adapter a try, keep in mind it's going to increase the leverage created a bit so effectively reducing your carrying capacity. Should be an non-issue for one or two bikes.

I'm not familiar with your rack but I have a 2016 Honda Accord sport. I can't imagine your car hitch sits any lower than mine. Anyway I'm using a Kuat T2 (4 year old version) and don't have any problems with the hitch hitting the ground. My driveway transition to the street is not steep but we do have a roll curb. When I back out I must go very slowly or the front will actually scrape, no issue with the rear though.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
1up USA makes a rack you are looking for. I have a 2008 328i and it is low of course. I will sometimes scrape my hitch, but have yet to hit the rack. it does have some rise in it. Not cheap but a great rack. It also comes with an adapter to convert to 2".

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd just make sure if you're driving up any driveways to try and hit them at an angle so you don't scrape. I have a 2009 Honda Accord (coupe, not sure if that matters) with a Kuat Transfer v2 and the pedal/lever to raise and lower the rack will scrape on certain driveways if I hit them straight on.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everybody, thanks for your awesome replies.

Of course I don't hit things head on. It's still scraping occasionally.

I'll try the adapter. I only have two bikes, road and 32LB MTB.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Everybody, thanks for your awesome replies.

Of course I don't hit things head on. It's still scraping occasionally.

I'll try the adapter. I only have two bikes, road and 32LB MTB.
Could you drill a new hitch pin hole in the rack and move the whole rack closer to your bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.