Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never owned a downhill type bike. Only regular mountain bikes. What brands of downhill bikes do you recommend? I want it to have full suspension, other then that, I dont know. I would like for it to look badass as well. Specialized has some pretty neat lookin bikes....

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
$800.00 is not going to go very far towards a D.H. sled , you might want to post this in the D.H. forum to se if they have any words of wisdom .

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
One of the guys on the Arizona board (ABCNorte) has a 2005 Brodie Demon for sale for 900. I checked it out but decided to go with something newer. It is in pretty good condition and has a few seasons still left in it.

So I am not trying to sling his bike, but what I am saying is that if you are okay with buying used and want an honest to God downhill bike with eight inches of travel front and rear and no possibility of pedaling up much of anything, you could find something for about 800. Just make sure you take a very close look at everything on the bike because downhill bikes take a ton of abuse and you don't want something that is going to fall apart on you the first time down the mountain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.