Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I bought a new bike off eBay. The guy took a few extra days to ship it, cause it was at the bike shop getting repairs. The seller and I were communicating by email and everything was going great. Last wednesday he had the bike boxed up and shipped to me, UPS ground. Per the tracking number, delivery date was supposed to be today, 7/2/08. And all week, when I tracked the package, it was always the same status "In Transit, on Time"

Then last night I checked the tracking number, and I was pleased to see the package had an Arival Scan of 8:59pm at San Pablo CA, not more than 2hours south of me.

When I wake up, i find at 11pm the status has changed to Exception, and they are saying there are adverse weather conditions :confused: Not sure what the f'ck is up, i call them. I tell the lady on the phone "Not sure if you are in California or not, but there is not a cloud in the sky and it is 80 degree's. What kind of Adverse Weather conditions are you talking about?"

She goes on to explain that due to the flooding in the mid-west, packages are taking 3 to 5 days longer. Of course, the shouldnt matter since my package is already in the CA.... right? WRONG!

Apparently my package is NOT in California. It never made it here. When i asked how they could have an Arival scan in San Pablo, if it never arived she explained that the computer will automatically put that in there when it is scheduled to arrive.

So apparently the UPS Tracking system is a joke. Ontop of that, my friend ordered parts for her car using FedEX Ground from Oregon to Connecticut last tuesday and received them today... so i guess FedEX can figure out how to get around the flood, but UPS cannot :mad:

Im so pissed off right now i think i need a ride to calm down.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I just ordered from Jenson last week. Ordered at 11am on Friday, and the package arrived in Niagara Falls Canada before noon on Monday. I was happy.

I did notice the statement of adverse weather conditions when tracking the package, but i never worried too much about it.

I think you do need to calm down. If you get your package, not damaged, i think many would consider you lucky.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rkj__ said:
I just ordered from Jenson last week. Ordered at 11am on Friday, and the package arrived in Niagara Falls Canada before noon on Monday. I was happy.

I did notice the statement of adverse weather conditions when tracking the package, but i never worried too much about it.

I think you do need to calm down. If you get your package, not damaged, i think many would consider you lucky.
I woulda been cool if they warned me about the weather when the item was shipped... however until today all it said was "in transit, on time"

Then ontop of that, to post information indicating it arived in CA, only to later find out it hasn't is beyond acceptable.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
TheSubaruJunkie said:
I woulda been cool if they warned me about the weather when the item was shipped... however until today all it said was "in transit, on time"

Then ontop of that, to post information indicating it arived in CA, only to later find out it hasn't is beyond acceptable.
What do you plan to do about this issue?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is nothing i can do. I feel totally helpless. I sent an email to UPS but i doubt it will do any good at all. I tried to contact UPS in San Pablo, but there is no contact information for the shipping hub there.

I guess the only thing I can do is continue to wait and hope for the best.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
TheSubaruJunkie said:
I guess the only thing I can do is continue to wait and hope for the best.
Exactly. You can get all furious about their misleading tracking info, but you can't do much to change it. So at some point, you will have to settle down, and move on. Hopefully you will get your package soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i had to vent it off to somebody, which is the reason behind my post.

And ontop of that, i wanted to let others know what a crock of sh!t their tracking system is.

·
bust a move
1,978 Posts
That is a long way from cool...sorry man
For the record I`d be P O`ed also! I mean a part or something would be bad enough but your new bike...that just sucks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man, well I just rechecked my tracking number and now instead of Exception it sais Rescheduled. With a Delivery date of 7/3/08, Tomorrow...

I'll knock on wood, but I wont hold my breath.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know where you’re coming from and can see why you might be upset, but really… try to calm down.

I paid for a new bike on June 6th from a local LBS, they told me the manufacturer had it in stock and that I should be riding it in about a week. It’s now almost a month later and I don’t even know if my LBS has received it. 1 day of extra waiting is nothing. 1 week of extra waiting aint much either. I know you’re jonesin for your new ride but a lot of people have to wait way longer... not trying to start a war, just putting things into perspective.

I completely agree though, UPS is garbage. Ever since they charged me 40 bucks in “duties” for a pair of brake boosters worth $20, they have not received any of my business.

Good luck. I imagine it will come within the next few days.

·
One What?
140 Posts
Oh man, I did not need to see this thread. Currently am sitting in the L. room watching out the big pic window for the big brown van. Tracking said it was on the truck to be delivered this morning and it seems to be taking forever! C'mon Big Brown!

·
Registered
794 Posts
There is nothing i can do. I feel totally helpless. I sent an email to UPS but i doubt it will do any good at all. I tried to contact UPS in San Pablo, but there is no contact information for the shipping hub there.

I guess the only thing I can do is continue to wait and hope for the best.[/quote[

Just use FedEx. That's I do now. The big brown ( a metaphor for **** I am sure) will never see another dollar of mine if I can help it. I send stuff USPS or FedEx when I can and same when I order.

UPS has bent me over more times that a Mexican Hooker in Cancun during spring break....

·
Fueled by meat n potatoes
87 Posts
If you have ever seen the inside of a UPS sorting facility you probably would never ship UPS again, a lot of former high school quarterbacks there evidently trying to keep their arms in shape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
UPS has always been great to me, with hundreds of packages. And my UPS driver is the best :). He drives up my mile-long steep driveway when there's 6" of snow, runs up the path to my house carrying packages bigger than him, usually made up of ammunition, firearms, or fencing supplies :p

Fedex feebly attempted to send me a laptop several years ago, but it got lost in transit and took over 2 months to arrive...and then they said we had to pick it up from the Fedex center to get it, for some reason they wouldn't even deliver it. My Fedex guy is always cutting corners, leaving packages wherever he can throw them out his door, etc.

I think I'll stick to the Big Brown

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
TheSubaruJunkie said:
You might want to check your local yellow pages, they should have the # in there.

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
1,073 Posts
That's nothing - here's my story:

I bought a used road bike on eBay from an individual - Salsa Campeon with Scandium frame - shipped via UPS insured. The bike arrived in reasonable time, but the downtube was dented severely - effectively destroying the frame. It took me a month to get quotes for a replacement frame & build by the LBS & have the claim processed. In the end, it cost me more to get everything done than the insured value (the eBay purchase price + shipping). But wait - the story's not over. I called the LBS on the date they expected the replacement frame to arrive, & it had arrived, but it arrived damaged thanks to UPS. That's right - 2 frames damaged on the same bike! Fortunately, the LBS had a easier time filing the claim than I did & Salsa customer service expedited a replacement frame right away. So 6 weeks after my original purchase I finally had a bike to ride. On the downside, it cost me a couple hundred more than my original purchase. On the upside, I have a nearly new bike & I'm very satisfied with it.

My 14 year old son said "UPS - isn't that pronounced OOPS?"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.