Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in nh so i would be riding highland/attitash etc. i rented at highland this fall and am now hooked. i found a 04 kona stinky, 04 spec big hit (single pivot not fsr) on pinkbike. both are my size and fairly local to me. Both bike are fairly low money to purchase. I am some a clyde i beleive 215lbs. any honest unbiased opinions would be great. thanks marc

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
tmarkos said:
ditto,
Get the one that looks less beat up.
that is always the right thing to do.....but no way am I getting the Spec......look into the Kona Stinky...the spec is nothing compared to it....the spec rides like junk

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
daisycutter said:
I would look at the bikes and see the condition. 5 year old DH bikes may not have much life in them.
Very true. A good friend of mine has a 04 Kona Stinky. You may think its 4 years old, but he beat the living crap out of it. It's held up decently.

Between the two I would have to go Kona.

·
Huh?
848 Posts
Why not contact Highland to see if they have any rentals left?They were selling them back in October. You could probably get a good deal and if you're going to be riding there you know they take care of any problems that come up because thats the way Mark does business. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.