Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
bedell99 said:
Green Mountain is basically dry now, same with Mathew Winters and Dakota Ridge. Couple of wet spots here and there but for the most part, they are both ridable.

Erik
Mathew Winters is dry too? i just rode it a few days ago and it was a mud pit. That's awesome if its already dry though! It has been really warm lately

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
raceface9465 said:
Mathew Winters is dry too? i just rode it a few days ago and it was a mud pit. That's awesome if its already dry though! It has been really warm lately
I rode Green Mountain. dakota Ridge and MW on Sunday and MW was a mud pit near the parking lot. After all this wind a warmth. It should be dry and ridable.

Do allthe people who ride the trails in the mud. Please go thru the mud not around it. :thumbsup: DO NOT WIDEN THE TRAILS.

Erik

·
Got single track/speed?
205 Posts
Rode yesterday afternoon and last night. From the Alameda/Florida trailhead, both trails are almost completely dry to the top with a few puddles that should be almost gone in a day or 2.

The East side entrances had quite a few muddy & wet spots that were unrideable. PIck your spots carefully to avoid picking up 10 lbs of mud on your wheels/drivetrain.

-Chuck

·
Tribe member
401 Posts
I just got back from doing Matthews/Winters and part of Dakota. Trails were excellent except for right before and most of the climb of Morrison Slide trail. Pretty slick and icy in a few spots. Also the mud right before the bridge on the way back to the parking lot is just about dry. Enjoy the beautiful day today and tomorrow!! Happy New Year!

- Jeremy

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And I was that guy, a great way to start the year with a mountain bike ride. Trails were in great shape with the few random mud patches (and ice as I rode early) but overall it was great conditions.

After a shot or two of tequila last night getting in 2 hours of dirt riding was just what I needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.