Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,178 Posts
I don't. it wasn't broken before. Now...crapped up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like most of it but hate the new graph analysis for heart rate/speed/power/temperature. I gave them feedback along with other users on this during the test period but it seems they ignored it and rolled it out anyway. I currently have strava premium but will most likely not be renewing.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
You'll go blind playing with it too much.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Not sure what there is to dislike about the new web design. All the same info just arranged a little differently. You'll get used to it.

I do wish that instead of beautifying the website, Strava would offer some new features. Even something simple like a plot over time of my performance for a particular segment would be great. Or maybe monthly statistics, or performance vs. temperature etc. They have all that raw data but don't seem very creative when it comes to offering it up to the user. My credit card company gives me a better drill down on my spending than strava does on my biking. I find biking much more interesting.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I used to be able to look at my history for a given segment. Now, I can't find where to see that.
Just click on the segment that you are interested in. The segment information will expand and show your current and best times etc. It will also show your best time in a mini list for all riders that have done the segment. Above that list is a pull down menu and if you select "My results" from that menu then the page will change to give you your full list of rides for that segment. Alternatively you can show your best performance in a list of your friends etc.

I would love to be able to take the full list of my own segment times and plot them over time to get a visual how I have done over the years on a given segment. But currently that seems impossible.

·
Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
1,080 Posts
I just hate that somehow the GPS signal won't find me until halfway into my ride (all other GPS related actions on my phone work just fine). Plus, I did between 8 and 10 miles and it said I did 24.8. WTF? Stop being broken!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I just hate that somehow the GPS signal won't find me until halfway into my ride (all other GPS related actions on my phone work just fine). Plus, I did between 8 and 10 miles and it said I did 24.8. WTF? Stop being broken!
Not good. It might be that the strava app doesn't run correctly on your specific phone if it isn't an iPhone or one of the 5-6 most popular Android models.

If you have an Android phone make sure that GPS is turned on. Location info still works without the GPS using cell tower and wifi locating but you need GPS for strava (it should warn you if it's off but who knows...)

Try uninstalling the strava app. Then turn your phone off and on again (real off, not just standby). Then reinstall the strava app. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts