Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I go to that trail I come back with some kind of ailment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got done biking in the rain (Bugline). Stopped and did a lil' stretching by a wooden post in the ground. Now for the past 2 hours I have a wicked burning sensation under my fingernails.
The only two things different in my routine today was the rain and the wood post. Any other freaks like me ever experience this? Or is it possible I was gripping too hard cuz of the rain and now my fingers are burning? I'm a wreck, I might as well just cash it in.

·
Registered
705 Posts
1st - where's the Bugline? I need to know so I can stay away!!!

2nd - I know where you're coming from though. I've been on rides where everything went fine, then the next morning I have some type of rash on my legs, or some nasty insect bite. Seems like they take a while to develop sometimes.

I'm still dealing with an itch and prickers in my side under the skin from tipping over off the trail (i.e. not clipping out in time) into a clump of thorny bushes at Blue Mounds over a month ago now. Out of all the rocks at Blue Mounds I fell into a thorn bush - what are the odds. I kind of lucked out I guess - rather have an itch than rock rash!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bugline is in the Sussex/Menomonee Falls area. It's called Bugline for good reason!

I've done a little more research and have found that it is possible that the burning sensation is from chemical expossure from pressure treated wood. So be careful around any wood posts, signs, benches etc. on your local trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.