·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being back to reality bites!

Some pics from last week:

First pick says it all.....from lunch in Mazatlan

The handsome chap parasailing is FoShizzle; Mazatlan before lunch

View from out table at lunch in Puerto Vallarta....watching crazy cliff divers while eating. Note that they do not use a horst-link while diving.

note: he is doing a double flip, not a cannonball

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,207 Posts
Singletrack?

OK tell the truth....did you at least look out at that island and squint really hard, to see if there was any visible singletrack?

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,808 Posts
Time to get out on the trails

Fo - There will be hell to pay this weekend on the trails...I'm sure. I find it very hard to take a vacation that doesn't include mtn biking....I guess I'm an addict. I keep reading these threads and am getting impatient for my new X-5. I will have to list the build sheet and pictures when she arrives.

FoShizzle said:
no....i instead focused on consuming calories and enjoyed doubling up on desserts at every meal.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Great thread

Here's what I did on my vacation while you played in Mexico:

Laid around taking care of a newborn and trying to get a little sleep.

My wife conveniently planned a new baby 6 hours after my vacation started.

You still need that tandem trail-a-bike FO?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yes El Comandantes. They're just hanging around waiting for some horizontal drops. You can see the seatstays and chainstays hanging next to the fronts.

Gald you reminded me about the specs. I picked up a El Padrino spec sheet today. Teresa was out of El Comandante spec sheets. Everything is the same except for the chainstay length. Top tube length is horizontal not actual.

frame size...seat tube...top tube...head tube...wheelbase...standover
16".............16.6...........22.5........3.75...........42.0............29.0
18".............18.0...........23.0........3.75...........42.5............29.8
20".............20.0...........23.8........3.75...........43.3............30.9
22".............22.0...........24.5........4.00...........44.0............32.2
24".............24.0...........25.4........4.75...........44.8............33.7

chainstay 17.9
BB height 12.0
head angle 70.5
seat angle 73.5

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
I like those numbers...Do you know what fork length they are based on?

HA is slacker than El Capitan....very interesting. I think it should be spot on. I wonder if future runs of El Cap will slacken out as well?

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
So FO,
While I'm needing wheel color advice, you're scouting out cliff diving/hucking locations and reading Memoirs of a Geisha? And also, where is the lime?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Enel said:
I like those numbers...Do you know what fork length they are based on?

HA is slacker than El Capitan....very interesting. I think it should be spot on. I wonder if future runs of El Cap will slacken out as well?
Designed around a Std 80mm Fork but I have the Reba Race set at 100mm with 10mm Spacers and a 130mm Stem 6Deg Rise, Flat Bars. I Love it it is by far my favourite bike at the moment. Still love the Salty and they X5 but the SS is sweet.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mtnbiker4life said:
Fo - There will be hell to pay this weekend on the trails...I'm sure. I find it very hard to take a vacation that doesn't include mtn biking....I guess I'm an addict. I keep reading these threads and am getting impatient for my new X-5. I will have to list the build sheet and pictures when she arrives.
indeed.....i am hitting the trails this weekend. perhaps my only saving grace is that while i have been off of a bike for 4 weeks :rolleyes: I have been hitting the boring-arse gym at my work at least 3 days a week and even rode the lame lifecycle on the cruise 4 times so hopefully i will not have lost too much.

keep us posted on your bike.....i am excited for yuh

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ouch! that picture look painful as I know the energy kids can zap from parents.....all too well. having said that, very cute (did I say cute?) picture.

as far as the trail-a-bike, i still use it a bit and probably will continue to use if for about a year. however, as i get 70% discounted shipping rates through my work, if still interested, I will get it to you at that time. It is absolutely awesome and i have yet to see another dual trail-a-bike out there.

cheers

·
Registered
319 Posts
FoShizzle said:
ouch! that picture look painful as I know the energy kids can zap from parents.....all too well.
I know what you're talking about :( my first (a little girl) was great then we got twins (boys). They are 4 years old now and we still haven't caught up on sleep ...

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moclan said:
I know what you're talking about :( my first (a little girl) was great then we got twins (boys). They are 4 years old now and we still haven't caught up on sleep ...
oh mama! double (ie, twins) ouch!

here is a recent picture of the Kidshizzles.....a very rare picture where there is not at least one fight going on

Attachments

·