Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
You mean you hate the lack of daylight savings time? We are back on standard time.
But do you hate the lack of self control you have in not eating and just not riding an hour earlier?

And yes, night riding is great.

·
Bike to have fun.
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lidarman said:
You mean you hate the lack of daylight savings time? We are back on standard time.
But do you hate the lack of self control you have in not eating and just not riding an hour earlier?

And yes, night riding is great.
My Job doesn't allow me getting off earlier. Over Spring/Summer i was feeling great and looking good too, and eating horribly. haha.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
DST doesn't bother me as much as the freeze/thaw crap on our trails in KC. That means you have to get out and get all your ride done by the crack of dawn or wait until 7pm or later to ride if you want to ride PM. This provides that the sun hasn't been out in full force that day and the low gets down low enought to freeze the trails.

This equates to alot of missed riding opportunities.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Buy a Hope Vision 1 for under $100 bucks. Use AA rechargeables available anywhere and enjoy. Got one, and it's farking bright for the dollar(or Euro). Plenty to ride by, but of course, I've had several straight days of snow and conditions making it not such a good idea to head out, along with testing.

·
I'd rather be riding!
258 Posts
grantheppes said:
I gained 15 pounds this fall/winter cause I do all my riding around 5pm.
No light, no ride.
This sucks.

How many people really really recommend night riding, maybe I'll get a light.

Edit: I hate Standard time.
Look, if you want (need) to ride after work then you need the lights, period. Check out the lights forum.

Night riding is an absolute blast. It changes the trails you are used to into whole new beasts. You just have to also learn how to deal with the cold that also occurs at this time of year after dark.

I even night ride through the summer just because it is so much cooler after the sun goes down here in the south. In the summer you have to deal with the spidies though. :eek:

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
The first time I night rode was not even intentional. Me and a buddy were out riding after work and his chain broke in two. By the time we fumbled around and got him all fixed up, it was dark in the woods.

We slapped on the lights and rode. It was amazing how much more fun it was riding at night, we rode these trails a million times and it felt like a new trail at night.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
J. Fragera said:
+1... Same here. Even though I don't have a body fat problem, it works against me because I don't have it to keep me warm. I end up having to layer up like that kid on A Christmas Story. :mad:
I hear you.

Two years ago I'd ride in the 30s in shorts and a long-sleeved jersey. Then I lost a bunch of weight from riding. Now in the 40s I'm wearing tights, wool socks, a base layer and a much warmer jersey. Much cooler and I break out the warmer gloves and a third jersey layer :\

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Move to Phoenix, Arizona. It is never really cold and we don't switch between daylight savings and standard time.

And riding at night is some of the most fun I have ever had on a bicycle.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
U mean daylight STANDARD Time?

grantheppes said:
I gained 15 pounds this fall/winter cause I do all my riding around 5pm.
No light, no ride.
This sucks.

How many people really really recommend night riding, maybe I'll get a light.

Edit: I hate Standard time.
Try coimmuting..

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I suggest getting some LED lighting. It's good to have the option to still ride in the dark. I recommend it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.