Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Caveman
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Well after Lisa and I traveling around and climbing volcanoesin Ecuador for the last 5 weeks we parted ways yesterday and she´s on her way back to Anchorage now. Then the misfortune started...
I was planning on heading south on buss to the city of Cuenca in Southern Ecuador to start the bike trip, anyhow one of my panniers got stolen on the buss containing all the important bike stuff, like my bike shoes, my front bags, homemade gear, all my bike clothes, all repair gear, tools and spares, a spare schwable tire.. you get the picture, complete disaster anywhere, no less in Ecuador 3000 miles from the nearest store that knows what a 29¨ wheel is or a pair of sidi shoes. Upon realizing it probably 2 hours later, I hopped on another buss heading back to Lovely Quito.
So anyway I´m hanging out in Quito until I can piece things together and get some stuff in the mail.
Awesome to hear of the river rides so far, hopefully in the future i can post something more positive.

Eric

·
Caveman
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking up

So things are improving, I have two expedited (expensive) packages in route which should do it. .
I managed to find Quito´s best bike shop this morning to buy some gloves, bar ends, lube.
Also wandered to The central park and found the sweetest BMX track, made me want to go break myself again.

Anyway
Heard about the 40 degree crap,, so sorry..
E

G

·
Pontoons and Paddle wheels

Bearbait said:
So things are improving, I have two expedited (expensive) packages in route which should do it. .
I managed to find Quito´s best bike shop this morning to buy some gloves, bar ends, lube.
Also wandered to The central park and found the sweetest BMX track, made me want to go break myself again.

Anyway
Heard about the 40 degree crap,, so sorry..
E
Hey Eric, Sounds like your spirits are back up and thats a good thing. Enjoy your ride!!! We need pontoons and Paddle Wheels around here right now. Good Luck
Bill M

·
Mr.Secret
643 Posts
Bill M said:
Hey Eric, Sounds like your spirits are back up and thats a good thing. Enjoy your ride!!! We need pontoons and Paddle Wheels around here right now. Good Luck
Bill M
Don't forget waterwings..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts