Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a chance to be on the bike in over a month due to school & work. Since I knew I was getting this off, I ditched a couple family outings to hit the trails this morning at Henry Coe. Rockcrawler and headed off for some nice fireroad climbing on Coit Rd to Domino, to Anza, and back to the car. We took our time & got some shots while climbing, but were having too much fun to shoot while on the downhill. My legs decided to die on me right when we got to the car, so it was a perfectly planned ride.

I'm just stoked for the fact that as out of riding shape as I am, I can still (slowly) ride Coe :thumbsup:

Also, this was my first time out shooting sports stuff with my D200.

1. Mr "I only brought one glove" Rockcrawler gettin his bike off the rack

2. How do you get burrs in your socks while climbing a fireroad? :confused:

3. It was a perfect day for climbing. A slight breeze, and some cloud cover. Of course at the top of the ridge the sun came out in full force, and I have the sunburned arms to prove it

4. Friggin chain. I fixed it before the ride, and it snapped during the ride. Time to get a new one (Photo by Rockcrawler, use without permission. But since its my camera, I doubt he'll care)

5. Getting the bike ready for Domino/Rockgarden. Again photo by Rockcrawler

6. Our downhill trail. When we got to the top, I had New Found Glory's "All Downhill from Here" stuck in my head.

7. One more 'cuz its the Fourth of July, and I can

·
Registered
391 Posts
Awesome man. Isn't it great to get out. I love the photos. Who makes theD200? The terrain could just as easy be Annadel where I got out and had a wonderful ride today. I've been off all week and out riding 3 times but I just couldn't get into it but today fueled by a Nathans Hot dog and some mountain dew I rode all day; something that I haven't been able to do for around a year due to _____________<---insert excuse here. What a great day! Happy 4th Everyone.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not this ride :)

I do plan on doing a photoshoot at a local trail around here this summer. I have a couple ideas that I want to do, and now I have some time to do them.

I could have used the SB-800 off camera triggered by the D200 flash, but since it uses line of sight I couldn't put the flash where I wanted it to go.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
jorgemonkey said:
I could have used the SB-800 off camera triggered by the D200 flash, but since it uses line of sight I couldn't put the flash where I wanted it to go.
Do you know about www.strobist.com?

Cactus flash triggers, aka "ebay triggers" are a super-cheap (~$30) way of getting RF wireless flashing. They don't allow TTL metering for flash power (so you'll need to run in manual mode), but that is probably fine for most applications. They are a poor mans version of Pocket Wizards.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Flash-...00-SB-600_W0QQitemZ190233516350QQcmdZViewItem

I have Canon equipment, and mostly rely on their IR capabilities for remote triggering (including using the TTL modes), but the Cactus' work when all else fails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.