Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cthulhu fhtagn
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having some scary health problems i decided i need to get myself in order and lose weight and get in shape. I started out at 396lbs last april. i totally changed my diet and eating habits and joined a gym, trying to keep my calorie intake under 2000/day and going to the gym 2-3 times week. I lost right around 50lbs in 3 months.

ive kind of plateaued with my weight loss for this past month but last week i picked up a '10 Specialized hardrock sport disc 29'er so im hoping that will kick start the weight loss again.

its been a long time ive ridden so im still getting use to it. I do worry a little about breaking the bike because of my size but so far its seems like it can take it

anyways just wanted to say hi

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Tall and heavy: definitely a Clyde :)

I'm not tall but I'm heavier than I should be.

Just bevare: riding my bike makes me hungry. Not so much if I go easy, but I have so much fun on the bike that I cannot bear to take it easy all the time.

·
Registered
861 Posts
weight loss that works for me! I eat what I want, but as long as I stay at 1800 calories I'm good. Three light beers 300. 4oz rice 180. Egg 100 etc etc. I know counting calories is gay but after a while you can judge it easy. Cheat Friday night & Sat. One time fifteen hundred calories of beer made it tough to do a 300 dinner.

Bike. Make good decisions, No drops unless the transition has no thud!!! There was a downhill years ago that sloped back up the other side. If you had enough speed then there was no mashing up the other side. My bike said no to this and handed me back a front taco & broke fork. Not a scratch on me, Friends still laughing. I'm 250.

Good luck! Do what I say, not as I do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That bike will handle you just fine. Im 6' 4'' 350lbs and started out 389 so we are about the same. I started out on a specialized P1 all mountain which is comparable to what you have now. I ride some rough stuff with big roots, rocks, and some small drops and have had no problems other than busting some hubs. With you size i recommend going ahead and plan on a new rear wheel set that will handle you because it wont be long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts