Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that nashbar is offering their 853 frame and jenson is offering the jamis 853 frame. So which one is the better one, I assume that you probably can not go wrong but which one would you pick? This leads to my general questions on frames. Nashbars said the rear triangle is 4150 steel what is the jamis one, did not see it listed?

Also how or why is this done and how does it help the handling of the bike lets use steel for example. The nashbar 853 frames shows the rear triangle welded above the downtube, the jamis frame on the jenson site appears to be welded below the downtube, and I have seen rear triangle welded in a straight line with the downtube. The weld connections mentioned above does it make a bike climb or handle differently. I hope I explained myself good enough.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
steel frames

Atomic300 said:
I see that nashbar is offering their 853 frame and jenson is offering the jamis 853 frame. So which one is the better one, I assume that you probably can not go wrong but which one would you pick? This leads to my general questions on frames. Nashbars said the rear triangle is 4150 steel what is the jamis one, did not see it listed?

Also how or why is this done and how does it help the handling of the bike lets use steel for example. The nashbar 853 frames shows the rear triangle welded above the downtube, the jamis frame on the jenson site appears to be welded below the downtube, and I have seen rear triangle welded in a straight line with the downtube. The weld connections mentioned above does it make a bike climb or handle differently. I hope I explained myself good enough.
my guess is they are exactly the same quality

most steel frames imported from asia are made by maxway - who has excellent quality
maxway makes frames for just about everyone - Fuji, Mercier, Jamis, Specialized, etc

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to be anal about it, thanks for response, but what about where the rear triangle is welded to main tube, is there a difference on handling, climbing? Just wondering or it really does not matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.