Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys this is kind of old news because I actually got them last thursday, but they are finally here, and man do they kick arse, and they make the burner feel even more nimble. I guess people are right when they say a good set of wheels make the bike. I am sorry, but I did not export the pics from the camera yet, but I will have them up later tonight. Just hang in there. Lol.
Dave

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dtrek4500 said:
Hay guys this is kind of old news because I actually got them last thursday, but they are finally here, and man do they kick arse, and they make the burner feel even more nimble. I guess people are right when they say a good set of wheels make the bike. I am sorry, but I did not export the pics from the camera yet, but I will have them up later tonight. Just hang in there. Lol.
Dave
Here there are, sorry for the wait. I also have a thomson stem and seatpost coming for it. Life is good.
Dave

Attachments

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also forgot to mention because of the king engangement I was able to get over this very thick log I was unable to get over before, and I also like the freehub noise it makes.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
mudpie said:
After riding on my kings for the last few weeks, I have noticed the engagemant improvement as well, especially in the rough steep sections...
Mudpie - the blue contrasts nicely with the red GA clay!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
SSINGA said:
Mudpie - the blue contrasts nicely with the red GA clay!!
Thank you....the only thing with that Ga clay it seems to stick to everthing especially the nice blue hubs..its all good ...

BTW I hit bear creek this past Sun...nice trail....

·
outclassed by his bike
365 Posts
Tight Freehubs on CKs

dtrek4500 said:
I also forgot to mention because of the king engangement I was able to get over this very thick log I was unable to get over before, and I also like the freehub noise it makes.
Hmm. I actually feel like the jury is still out on mine. The front I love. The rear is still not broken in. In addtion to the bee buzz, which I have mixed feelings about, the freehub is just still really draggy. Now admittedly I didn't start riding them 'til late August, and the season here - for sane people - ends in November and is only just barely starting again now. So truthfully they don't have huge miles on them yet. I know they're supposed to take a long time to break in, but I guess I just didn't expect them to be THIS stiff for THIS long.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
tscheezy said:
I have some early 2002 Kings with about 4k nasty miles on them and they are starting to settle in nicely.
Seriously?

Wow. I have a set and impressed with them, but definitely done under 4K miles. Look like I can look foreword to even better performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.