Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got a good deal on it. It's not as fancy as some of y'alls bikes but It's probably a good first bike.

I bought a 2013 Trek Marlin (Gary Fisher?) 29er with disc brakes. I bought it used but it looks brand new and I rode it Sunday for the first time and it rides very very nicely for a heavy dude like me (240#) so I am quite happy thus far.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I got a good deal on it. It's not as fancy as some of y'alls bikes but It's probably a good first bike.

I bought a 2013 Trek Marlin (Gary Fisher?) 29er with disc brakes. I bought it used but it looks brand new and I rode it Sunday for the first time and it rides very very nicely for a heavy dude like me (240#) so I am quite happy thus far.
Grats on the new bike! Have fun.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Cool, A lot has changed in 18 years.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

Congrats! What took you so long? ;p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a gun and car guy so most of my time and money was going to other hobbies but I decided I need to get off my rear and get back into shape.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same here dude. Bought my second two weeks ago, first was a Giant Roam 2 (not really a trail bike, it was stolen anyway). Trek Xcal 9. I'm 40, grew up on the beach in TX. Now I live near so many trails now in Wa and I just now discovered mountain biking. I use to race BMX back in the day. I am learning that with biking now I am still as fearless as I was then. Trail riding and downhill is the most fun I've had in 20 years. I feel like a kid again.

Congrats man!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats man. Great bike. I got back into this sport about 15 months ago and my previous bike was a hardtail I bought secondhand in 1996! I decided in my mid forties I needed more cardio exercise. Running back n forth to my beer fridge was my only cardio exercise for the past five years LOL!

Enjoy the bike. I'm loving it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm a gun and car guy so most of my time and money was going to other hobbies but I decided I need to get off my rear and get back into shape.
I hear you. Im into guns, cars, Motorcycles and bicycles. Its hard to decide what to get for what . Too many hobbies and not enough funds,lol.
None of these hobbies are cheap either.
Congrats and Happy trails :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im in the same boat! I am 56 (late Bloomer)just bought a Cdale f29 1 alloy. Love the sport! I like riding so much I am looking at roadies now for the bad times when the trails are wet.
Congrats and enjoy!

·
BigSki
115 Posts
I'm with ya! 51 & bought my first FS bike a month ago but have only been out a couple of times due to weather here in E. Wa. Love my TREK Superfly al 100 Pro. Think I'm gonna try some of the Wed. night rides sponsored locally along with the occasional commute. Planning a big ride this June. The trail variety here is excellent--also a great ride in July @ 4th of July Pass. Congrats on the new bike!

Same here dude. Bought my second two weeks ago, first was a Giant Roam 2 (not really a trail bike, it was stolen anyway). Trek Xcal 9. I'm 40, grew up on the beach in TX. Now I live near so many trails now in Wa and I just now discovered mountain biking. I use to race BMX back in the day. I am learning that with biking now I am still as fearless as I was then. Trail riding and downhill is the most fun I've had in 20 years. I feel like a kid again.

Congrats man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts