Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey, i am SOOO excited, i finally got my new p.1. I am in love! me and steezy_g got a call today from our LBS and picked 'em up! what do you think of it!?!?! the fork feels really nice btw, and ss is GREAT. we are going to the indoor skatepark on monday and I will get some pics and visd up then! Whats even better, it wasnt suppsed to come until 6 days!

·
h-town hucker
284 Posts
cool. i have a friend that got his before christmas. its a pretty good ride to. watch out for chain stretch cuz thats common w/ the nine speed chain they put on there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea syeezy_g!! we both got the same bikes as we were in pretty much the smae money and skill situation.

thanks snaky! ur nemesis is totally tight too!
sandy, what do you mean about the chain?
cummings, i would ride 'er, but snow gets in my way here in VT, but skiings fuunnn, the indoor skate park will be sooo much fun on monday ill be sure to get some riding pics up then!

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
ontario_bike said:
yea syeezy_g!! we both got the same bikes as we were in pretty much the smae money and skill situation.

thanks snaky! ur nemesis is totally tight too!
sandy, what do you mean about the chain?
cummings, i would ride 'er, but snow gets in my way here in VT, but skiings fuunnn, the indoor skate park will be sooo much fun on monday ill be sure to get some riding pics up then!
With use a chain stretches(litterally). This will cause problems with the drivetrain especially on a singlespeed one because the chain they put on there is not meant to withstand the amount of torque singlespeeding puts out.

It's okay though, ride it as is. You may have to have a link removed after a bit, either that or move the wheel back in the dropouts so you keep good tension on the chain.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet rev monkey. i live in vermont,but i spend the summers in Thunder Bay Ontario on lake superior at my canp. thats where my dads fam. grew up, so all of my cousins are there!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have a link to the gyro thing red?
and paintballer, yea i got that poster at a warren miller when i was in edmonton ALBERTA visiting my half sister. i ski but its all good!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
ontario_bike said:
have a link to the gyro thing red?
and paintballer, yea i got that poster at a warren miller when i was in edmonton ALBERTA visiting my half sister. i ski but its all good!
Alberta is awsome most of my faimlys from there, and warren miller movies are soooooooooooooooo good, thats whati hope the collective guys can eventually do, did u see the most recent one, were the guy does the 277(i think) clif drop?

·
Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
1,469 Posts
Oh yea! You have to buy the xtra long bottom cable for it to reach the rear disc. The star nut with a cable thru you can get the BMX section of your LBS.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
That looks awesome dude, go ride the hell out of it!

I wouldn't do anything to the bike right now. Especially the gyro, they just make a bike more complicated. Maybe remove the front brake.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.