Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog sent me his old zone, i began to throw on my old parts and this is what i have so far..

this sucker is so nice! it has a manitou metal shock, hayes mags with upgraded levers, truvativ blaze cranks, raceface BB, easton 50 bars, some old stem, a shimano 9 speed cassette, kmc chain, wtb seat, and will be running on michilin dh24 tires.
i still need forks, wheels, peddles, derailers, shifters, brake discs and hydrolic hose, shock bushings, and brake mounts.

thanks again dog, you the man! :thumbsup:

here is a snapshot of my lifetime project...

its a sweatshirt that is about.. 5 years in the making. i just added the fur, next comes a silk lining but i cant afored it now :cryin: i also have made a black sued jacket with a red velvet lining. :D

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill be goin' way fast! the moment its built...
ya its my pimp suit, everyone always asks me about it. its great for getting girls interested :D

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
facelessfools said:
ill be goin' way fast! the moment its built...
ya its my pimp suit, everyone always asks me about it. its great for getting girls interested :D
Enter a DH race with that on. :yesnod:

I'm working on a different fork for my Blitzen, if it all comes together I'll send you my Manitou Shermin. It's a 6" travel fork with all the SPV junk removed. It's seen allot but will at least make the bike stand on 2 wheels. I have at least one 6" rotor that should work on the front. As for a rear brake hose I'll see what I can rummage up. :rockon:

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my buddy said he has a 7'' disc he can spare me. so thats both rotors. another friend has an old wtb wheel sitting around thats 20mm so ill see if he wants to surrender that to me. ill still need a rear wheel though. maybe i can get a hub and build one..

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's nice to read about people helping each other out. With all the negativity in the news it's just nice to see when people act nice to each other.

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its greatly appreciated. Dog is like Santa Clause to me and i don't think he even realized the smile it gives me when i get a box from him or even a email on bike advice.

I'm glad we can actually learn about something else in the world and not Micheal Jackson now though.. so much happened in the world recently and all i saw was him on the news.

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
radray said:
It's nice to read about people helping each other out. With all the negativity in the news it's just nice to see when people act nice to each other.
It's the Ibexian thing to help a brother or sister out in any way possible, as Jake words it, The Ibex Family. :rockon:

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a 34, i'm waiting on my friend to give me an old e-thirteen bash guard.
still needs a lot more parts...

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
facelessfools said:
i have a 34, i'm waiting on my friend to give me an old e-thirteen bash guard.
still needs a lot more parts...
Didnt like that MRP ayy. :ihih: :D The MRP, Cris King and Hayes came off a Marla Streb bike that did the World and National races back some years ago. She finished that season in the top 5, You will never lose a chain with the MPR sandwich. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well if i run the MRP ill need a new set of cranks... so i figured id run the double set up. unless i'm wrong on how the thing is set up...

1 - 20 of 144 Posts