Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I wasn't keen on sitting around watching my two little dogs mildew in all the wet weather this week, I hastily loaded up Thidwick and a few bikes, and headed for some warmer, drier climes Monday afternoon. Here's a some photo's of my impromptu road trip to Joshua National Park and Palm Springs. I managed to get in road ride through Joshua Tree [the park is 50+ miles wide], and another @ Palm Springs on Thursday. I scuttled back home Thursday evening to avoid Friday's coming snowy weather related road closures over I5, etc.
And then there was the Palms to Pines ride on Wednesday:

Over ten miles of "techy" singletrack through snow, cactus, pines, rocks. The last mile was a push climb through the snow. As good a trail as I've been on outside of Oakridge. I even got a sunburn during the ride. Bliss.

It's definitely worth the trip to see to Joshua Tree, and ride some of the trails @ Palm Springs if the weather get's to be too much. And since, we're looking at a few more weeks of this weather in California, I'm thinking Arizona might be nice:D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
How are the trail conditions in SLO? I've had a trip planned for a couple months now for next weekend(20-22). The plan was to camp at MDO and ride there one day and maybe another day somewhere else. Are you saying I should scrap my plans?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Carl SLO is great but you still need 2 days or so after a rain to be able to ride MDO without tearing it up.

John....I hate you. Then again since your back in town you should come to the CCCX race and suffer with me on Sunday :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.