Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shapeshifter
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a digital camera that works nicely but sometimes I just prefer the color and more natural light of 35mm. I've been carrying those disposable deals but they use plastic lenses and cheap film. So, I sprung for a 30 year old Olympus XA2 on ebay. (like so: http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/cameras/olympus_xa2.html ) The light seals are getting a little gooey and should be replaced but otherwise I'm super happy with the results - even with cheap Walgreens development, printing, and scanning.

Here's some shots from the 1st roll, taken at Westwater a couple of weeks ago,, enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congratulations! I used an XA2 for many years and ran several hundred rolls of film through it. Hopefully, you got it with the A11 or A16 flash. Nice photos indeed. :) -GT2005

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool pics! You can't go wrong with an XA series camera!

I always wanted an old XA or XA4, but never got around to springing for one. I do have a Ricoh GR1s which takes an amazingly sharp picture. I should dust it off.

A digital XA would be a sensation for outdoor sports, and the clamshell design would make it pretty robust. The Ricoh GRD is on my wish-list, but it looks a bit too flimsy for my tastes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.