Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I went out to the wet, sloppy and greasy NorCal Redwoods yesterday to ride and film. Amazingly, everyone bailed due to the conditions!? I know someone that would have been there with me, if he didn't break himself, in the slop! :thumbsup: Anyways, I had no one to film so the angle is from the top of my XC helmet and it was filmed in 680 and then exoported to Vimeo so the quality, plus conditions don't make it the best video. The original is way better and the lighting is phenomenal becasue it wasn't that bright in the forest yesterday.

A soggy day in the California Redwoods from Dominator 13 on Vimeo.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No fogging...

CharacterZero said:
it is good to remember to try and clear the lens occasionally during wet-weather riding - something I haven't remembered to do just yet (but then again in Austin, we don't have that much wet riding).

did you have some fogging inside the case?
It wasn't fog and I had not one piece of dry anything on me to wipe the lens. I was able to view the first video run with the new LCD backpack that they will soon offer, so it looked decent. It really helps in establishing your angle and seeing what you missed.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Dominator13 said:
It wasn't fog and I had not one piece of dry anything on me to wipe the lens. I was able to view the first video run with the new LCD backpack that they will soon offer, so it looked decent. It really helps in establishing your angle and seeing what you missed.
Man, I am stoked to get that add-on for my gopro. There have been a couple of occasions where the angle is just a bit off and I really wished for an LCD to check make corrections with! I will be ponying up for that before my next shuttle/lift trip! Honestly, the LCD and remote almost pulled me over to the Contour HD initially, but I preferred the picture quality of the gopro, so I am really happy to see some of those features show up on my model (even if it is a bit more cost!).

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LCD Backpack is very cool!

It is a great thing to have. It wears out the battery so I take it off during the filming. It's a hassle becasue the whole thing goes inside a variety of cases...H2O proof, non H2O proof, LCD BP and no LCD BP, but it allows you to watch what you just filmed, FF or Rewind. My buddy just got a job with them so he hooked me up. A bag full of goodies...a ton of mounts, stickies, extra battery, 16gb SD card and the LCD Backpack. He has the new GoPRo HD 3D camera they are working on. He said I can borrow it sometime....supposedly it makes things "pop". :thumbsup:

Added some photos of the goodies!!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Nice! One of my buddies got one over Christmas and he has played around with lots of mount options. I think my favorite mount is the chest mount, but it has to be aimed properly so it's not just focused on the bike. Here's a link to the stuff he put up yesterday. The second video tries several different mount locations on the same ride and I like the variety. I like the positioning of the chest mount better in the second video too--he aimed it a little more forward.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=691333

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.