Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive ridden my KM three times, and ive already got emails out to black sheep, mrazek( who's been experimenting with the 29''er), and have been checking out Dean, Ozbourne and TItus's bikes. why can't i be happy with what i have....my monkey built up to 27 pounds, geared, with wire beads, xt, discs and no ti except for the jones bar. i can't immagine saving a pound and three quarters is going to make much difference but i can't stop scheming. arrrrrgh!

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
olds_cool said:
ive ridden my KM three times, and ive already got emails out to black sheep, mrazek( who's been experimenting with the 29''er), and have been checking out Dean, Ozbourne and TItus's bikes. why can't i be happy with what i have....my monkey built up to 27 pounds, geared, with wire beads, xt, discs and no ti except for the jones bar. i can't immagine saving a pound and three quarters is going to make much difference but i can't stop scheming. arrrrrgh!
My rigid SS is 29lbs. And I can't get it lighter w/out it or it's parts coming apart.
With the new Marz out front, it's about 31lbs.
Maybe you should implement some self-discipline techique...like every time you feel the urge to upgrade....go ride! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know what? you are right.

Padre said:
Maybe you should implement some self-discipline techique...like every time you feel the urge to upgrade....go ride! :D
just got back from a four hour ride. rained alot here recently, and some of the trails were literally creek beds. flowing, creekbeds. the rest was swoopy, rocky tecnical WV mayhem. that dang monkey is THE MOST telepatic technical singletrack bike i have ever been on. from slow speed trialsy moves, to rollin' in the big ring through the smooth, twisty sections. there is nothing i dislike about that frame's geometry. fits like a glove, and handles like no other woods bike ive been on, and ive owned many many frames in the last 18 years. climbs walls like a spider, too, inspite of its weight. drat, i'd probably be disappointed in the handling of a "nicer" frame. i guess i should buy a couch or something to sit on for after four hour rides.

·
Registered
233 Posts
27 pounds, thinking about less

Just last night I finally weighed my KM, it also comes to 27 pounds.

So I was looking at it, and the only thing that seemed to be where I could
lose a lot of meaningful weight was with the inner tubes ... each weigh
8 oz .... so I started to look at tubeless ... but retro fit looks too messy.

When I had the bike built, tubeless crossed my mine, but I let it slide.

-r

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.