Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,818 Posts
Phillbo said:
I've learned that you can't fix stoopid.
Nope, but you can show people how stupid they are.

·
Two wheels are better
193 Posts
JohnniO said:
I wonder if the poop unbagged is harmful to the coyote population and if the park service actually does pick it up. I'll have to ask one of the rangers if I ever see one.
It pisses me off to see the dam bags though. Where are these people hearing this ?
This has come up enough that I also would love to find out if there is something we don't know (like the parks department telling dog owners to do this). So, I emailed an acquaintance that I have who works for Phoenix Parks and Recreation. If she gets back to me I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
527 Posts
with the topic title I was afraid to open this and see another pic of the fat lady squatting next to a different bench.......

She was the poop fairy.......

·
Registered
302 Posts
ttocs said:
with the topic title I was afraid to open this and see another pic of the fat lady squatting next to a different bench.......

She was the poop fairy.......
I see that I am not the only person who was forever scarred by the fat lady incident!..

Aaaaahhhhhh, good times!!! :ciappa:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I was afraid to open it too. I left a roadside surprise (okay-thirty feet off under tree) last week on T100. Gutbomb!

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
Best to find their car and smear a blue bags worth on the handles of the door and windshield of the driver side, as a reminder of doing your civic duty cleaning up after them. If they comment about it, let them know if they'd disposed of it properly, you wouldn't have had to show them what can happen when you leave your sh*t laying around for other people to play with in a public park and that now they can clean up after you, since you were nice enough to clean up after them. Karma, in spades.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,918 Posts
wow.
I've been following these threads because we've been *****ing about dog crap on the trails. The local agency put up pick up your poop signs but won't put up a bag dispenser because they already know that the bags will get left trail side!

It's such a bummer when the mtber's do most of the work to establish and maintain a trail system which has now become more of a dog park where we'll often see one person show up with 6-10 dogs. So much easier to bring them to the forest so you don't have to clean up the yard...

·
Meatbomb
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
RandyBoy said:
Best to find their car and smear a blue bags worth on the handles of the door and windshield of the driver side, as a reminder of doing your civic duty cleaning up after them. If they comment about it, let them know if they'd disposed of it properly, you wouldn't have had to show them what can happen when you leave your sh*t laying around for other people to play with in a public park and that now they can clean up after you, since you were nice enough to clean up after them. Karma, in spades.

WOW.. Talk about karma... mine is much better off for simply packing out the poop. I'll leave the angry retaliation for you to enjoy :eekster:

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
Phillbo said:
WOW.. Talk about karma... mine is much better off for simply packing out the poop. I'll leave the angry retaliation for you to enjoy :eekster:
Why not, teach some accountability for ones actions, or lack thereof. I get no enjoyment out of having to clean up after anyone.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
I actually blame it on Phoenix Parks. Their signs in the park say something to the effect of "Dog litter to be removed by pet custodian." I think the boneheaded dog owners think this means that there is a pet custodian who picks this stuff up and don't get that they are the pet's custodian.

The sign should say, "Hey dumb a**, if your dog takes a dump while in the park, put it in a bag, bring it out of the park, and put it in the f**king trash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, I didn't know people did this. Whenever my wife and I go hiking with the dogs, we always bag it. Sometimes we'll place it off trail out of sight, but we always come back for it. I even tag the location in my GPS so I know exactly where it is on our way back.

I hate people who litter.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts