Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sick of the foggy weather, so me and my buddy went to the local riding area and found some sun.

today I had a ANgUS burger for lunch from this very carls jr. It was very good, I washed it down with large fries, onion rings and a giant pepsi.

My buddy rides a C-dale ss with 34x20, his cassette cog slipped the chain a few time.

I was on my dual range three speed, I like to take it easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We discovered some new trails and a dog house

lef-t said:
sick of the foggy weather, so me and my buddy went to the local riding area and found some sun.

today I had a ANgUS burger for lunch from this very carls jr. It was very good, I washed it down with large fries, onion rings and a giant pepsi.

My buddy rides a C-dale ss with 34x20, his cassette cog slipped the chain a few time.

I was on my dual range three speed, I like to take it easy.
The trees had frost in them but it was very warm in the sun, it really felt good. The ground was a little frozen and the traction perfect.

My buds single speed bud had no trouble staying ahead of me, but I enjoyed shifting down and taking it easy.

The three speed worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got a little lost but figured it out

lef-t said:
The trees had frost in them but it was very warm in the sun, it really felt good. The ground was a little frozen and the traction perfect.

My buds single speed bud had no trouble staying ahead of me, but I enjoyed shifting down and taking it easy.

The three speed worked great.
After the Dog house trail we took a wrong turn on a paved logging rd and almost rode off into la la land.

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,319 Posts
I've been to la la land

Looking good, me friend. But don't go thinkin' YOU discovered that doghouse nor that busted bucket o' bolts, dude. Uh huh, no way. Them'er MINE, ya hear me?!

Whypass is getting better all the time. Did you find the two new trails we just built? One's like a half mile long...

--Sparty

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We followed the new trail near a yellow gate

Sparticus said:
Looking good, me friend. But don't go thinkin' YOU discovered that doghouse nor that busted bucket o' bolts, dude. Uh huh, no way. Them'er MINE, ya hear me?!

Whypass is getting better all the time. Did you find the two new trails we just built? One's like a half mile long...

--Sparty
I was amazed at the gravel on the new single track. Lots of work has been done out there.

I have not been to y pass in over a year, and never without a DOD guide. We rode about 17 miles including about 4 miles in la la land.

Thats a nice collection of bolts you keep in that bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Old bikes with bling bling parts

toyota200x said:
Man it looks like you guys found some rad stuff. It is good to see an old mtb built into a SS.
My buddies ss is all high end parts he had. It's pretty light too. His head shock blew so he put a Surly fork on it.

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,319 Posts
That's not a new trail..

...well, maybe new to you. But that trail in your photo immediately above (the one across from the yellow gate that has the gravel turnpike between the upturned rootwads) is called "Boundary" and we put it in a year ago.

No, my friend, the newest trail is called "Fungurl" and it is closer to the la la land area. From Wine Bottle Jct (your photo with the frozen solid puddle and the stark white Christmas tree), you'd back up and continue about 500 yds. up Carp. Bypass (pavement) to the next gravel road on the left (AKA Meth Lab Rd.) -- the new trail starts right at this junction and heads over toward Jiminy Cricket via a circuitous route that includes some excellent down sections.

Check it out -- it's SO worthy even though it's not ~quite~ finished yet. We've still gotta punch the final couple hundred yards through to its eventual end point. But go. You'll like it, I guar·an·tee. :cool:

--Sparty

lef-t said:
I was amazed at the gravel on the new single track. Lots of work has been done out there.

I have not been to y pass in over a year, and never without a DOD guide. We rode about 17 miles including about 4 miles in la la land.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
13 wheelbarrows

lef-t said:

of gravel in that one picture, Ya' lots of work has been done out there latley.

Whenever you want a guie just let me know.

ML and I must of just missed you yesterday, we were out there at 2pm hiking the la la land area new trail looking for my poor lost GPS, you didn't happen to spot it did you?????

I do have to say that area out there on the ridge was awesome with the frozen trees and other shrubbery.

let's go ride Left-t, been way to long.

Richard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.