Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Sette Serum Elite frame for 100 dollars. Full carbon.

My problem is that I'm 5'10 and the frame is 19 inches.

Should I still drop the 100 and start the build? Or pass on this crazy sweet deal?

Or should I just buy the nashbar 100 dollar frame that will fit me forsure.

Opinions would be great.

Thanks

·
Trail Ninja
6,168 Posts
Isn't a 19" bike normally what someone 5' 10" gets?

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
5,095 Posts
Ah sorry for the mis com. I haven't bought it yet. I thought 5'10 could still ride 17-18 in frames?
Meh, no worries at all. And you probably can ride some/most mediums depending on the brand/type with higher seatpost/longer stem. I'm almost 5'9" and I mostly fit into a medium, but I had a large for a while and did the opposite. Wasn't the best solution, but it worked just fine at the time for a poor college student. Affects handling, but I'm no racer anyway. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Buy it....the carbon frame will most definitely fit a 5'10" rider. Don't go for the cheap Nashbar frame. I'd rather hunt-down a 2003-2006 Cannondale F-Series Optimo than plunk cash for anything from Nashbar. Just saying....

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Ah sorry for the mis com. I haven't bought it yet. I thought 5'10 could still ride 17-18 in frames?
17" through 21" frames are pretty finely sliced. Lots of guys your height find they prefer 17" frames. Like someone else said, with the right cockpit components, it will fit your body fine. So it comes down to how your riding position distributes your weight and how you like your bike to handle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm 5'9.5" and can ride anything from 17-20" pretty comfortably....though setup matters. I do have short legs and longer torso though and that makes things interesting sometimes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts