Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy 21st century Batman! Having been a die hard HT guy, I don't know what Im getting myself into but I broke down and bought a Heckler and 5th coil last night. I figure I can get it all built and be ready to roll as soon as I am done with shoulder rehab (nasty crack addiction, that shoulder of mine). Seriously, Im finally having AC surgery so Ill be off the bike a bit. I figure the FS shoulder be a bit kinder to my body.....at least that's what Im telling my wife!

Here she is while still in the hands of another man - looks like that bad girl needs a spankin! Anyhow, I just feel like a real member of the DH board now that I have some travel so I figured Id share (yeah, bored at work again).

Attachments

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?
If its the same one, I almost bought it for my wife.

If you see my buddy OHIO, tell him............"eio is goin' back to Seattle and you're not!"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e[i said:
o]Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?

If you see my buddy OHIO, tell him............"eio is goin' back to Seattle and you're not!"

lmao, I'll swing by Kentucky Fried on my way home and let him know. Yer evil man, pure evil! :D

oh yeah, thats the Ebay frame. The dent is actually not a dent, its a gouge so I think I can live with it.

[/i]

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Not DH/FR certified! You must have at least 6" of travel to qualify...LOL! Well, that's what WCH told me, anyway. Hey, the Heckler is a solid ride. One of my riding buddies (TexHeckler) that I work with at the shop has the first model of the new generation Heckler. He's a darned tough rider and has worn out the original rear shock and a fork on that bike. The frame has had no issues whatsoever. What kind of fork are you installing?

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TNC said:
Not DH/FR certified! You must have at least 6" of travel to qualify...LOL! Well, that's what WCH told me, anyway. Hey, the Heckler is a solid ride. One of my riding buddies (TexHeckler) that I work with at the shop has the first model of the new generation Heckler. He's a darned tough rider and has worn out the original rear shock and a fork on that bike. The frame has had no issues whatsoever. What kind of fork are you installing?
Thanks Clever!

TNC, Im going to start with a Talas RLC since it should pair well enough with the 5" 5th and keep things fairly light. I haven't found that fork to be noodly on the HT so I thought it should work well. Once Ive ridden it a bit, maybe I'll swap for the 2.25" stroke 5th and go for a 36. Sound right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
sweet frame

I actually owned one for about 2 weeks in 2002....couldn't afford to build it up and had to sell it (it was a warranty replacement for my '98 Heckler that lasted 5 seasons). You can't believe how well those frames are made until you get one in your hands. I shed a little tear everytime I think about that frame...

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Nice Frame

Great frame...You'll love it once it's built. I have that fork you're going to use. It's awesome...I think there are pics in the SC forum.
Good luck with it.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
man that looks sweet...welcome to the darkside...embrace FS

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
e<i>o said:
Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?

ss....how is Ohio these days

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
ss....how is Ohio these days
the state? cold but fine. the man? nots so sure. he's gone completely underground. see whta you guys have done? i really think that chicken pic was the crowning blow, lol!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man that looks sweet...welcome to the darkside...embrace FS
thanks, it does feel like the darkside, I kept waiting to hear..."Nam, I am your Fatha...."

I can't wait to pound on that thing. You know I'll be looking for even more travel soon enough now, right?

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
namaSSte said:
the state? cold but fine. the man? nots so sure. he's gone completely underground. see whta you guys have done? i really think that chicken pic was the crowning blow, lol!
If you hang around long enough in ebay, you'll come across his silly ass hocking parts.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
namaSSte said:

he just never understood....that is his biggest fault and a shame...some of the things he did were not cool (buying and selling)...he had some nice pics...here is one

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
e<i>o said:
If you hang around long enough in ebay, you'll come across his silly ass hocking parts.

if only I could get his email....pm me if you can get it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts