Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy 21st century Batman! Having been a die hard HT guy, I don't know what Im getting myself into but I broke down and bought a Heckler and 5th coil last night. I figure I can get it all built and be ready to roll as soon as I am done with shoulder rehab (nasty crack addiction, that shoulder of mine). Seriously, Im finally having AC surgery so Ill be off the bike a bit. I figure the FS shoulder be a bit kinder to my body.....at least that's what Im telling my wife!

Here she is while still in the hands of another man - looks like that bad girl needs a spankin! Anyhow, I just feel like a real member of the DH board now that I have some travel so I figured Id share (yeah, bored at work again).
 

Attachments

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?
If its the same one, I almost bought it for my wife.

If you see my buddy OHIO, tell him............"eio is goin' back to Seattle and you're not!"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e[i said:
o]Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?
If its the same one, I almost bought it for my wife.

If you see my buddy OHIO, tell him............"eio is goin' back to Seattle and you're not!"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
lmao, I'll swing by Kentucky Fried on my way home and let him know. Yer evil man, pure evil! :D


oh yeah, thats the Ebay frame. The dent is actually not a dent, its a gouge so I think I can live with it.

[/i]
 

·
noMAD man
Joined
·
12,059 Posts
Not DH/FR certified! You must have at least 6" of travel to qualify...LOL! Well, that's what WCH told me, anyway. Hey, the Heckler is a solid ride. One of my riding buddies (TexHeckler) that I work with at the shop has the first model of the new generation Heckler. He's a darned tough rider and has worn out the original rear shock and a fork on that bike. The frame has had no issues whatsoever. What kind of fork are you installing?
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TNC said:
Not DH/FR certified! You must have at least 6" of travel to qualify...LOL! Well, that's what WCH told me, anyway. Hey, the Heckler is a solid ride. One of my riding buddies (TexHeckler) that I work with at the shop has the first model of the new generation Heckler. He's a darned tough rider and has worn out the original rear shock and a fork on that bike. The frame has had no issues whatsoever. What kind of fork are you installing?
Thanks Clever!

TNC, Im going to start with a Talas RLC since it should pair well enough with the 5" 5th and keep things fairly light. I haven't found that fork to be noodly on the HT so I thought it should work well. Once Ive ridden it a bit, maybe I'll swap for the 2.25" stroke 5th and go for a 36. Sound right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
sweet frame

I actually owned one for about 2 weeks in 2002....couldn't afford to build it up and had to sell it (it was a warranty replacement for my '98 Heckler that lasted 5 seasons). You can't believe how well those frames are made until you get one in your hands. I shed a little tear everytime I think about that frame...
 

·
Freeriding Feline
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
Nice Frame

Great frame...You'll love it once it's built. I have that fork you're going to use. It's awesome...I think there are pics in the SC forum.
Good luck with it.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
man that looks sweet...welcome to the darkside...embrace FS
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
e<i>o said:
Too funny. You bought that off of ebay, right?
If its the same one, I almost bought it for my wife.

If you see my buddy OHIO, tell him............"eio is goin' back to Seattle and you're not!"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ss....how is Ohio these days
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
ss....how is Ohio these days
the state? cold but fine. the man? nots so sure. he's gone completely underground. see whta you guys have done? i really think that chicken pic was the crowning blow, lol!
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man that looks sweet...welcome to the darkside...embrace FS
thanks, it does feel like the darkside, I kept waiting to hear..."Nam, I am your Fatha...."

I can't wait to pound on that thing. You know I'll be looking for even more travel soon enough now, right?
 

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
namaSSte said:
the state? cold but fine. the man? nots so sure. he's gone completely underground. see whta you guys have done? i really think that chicken pic was the crowning blow, lol!
If you hang around long enough in ebay, you'll come across his silly ass hocking parts.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
namaSSte said:
the state? cold but fine. the man? nots so sure. he's gone completely underground. see whta you guys have done? i really think that chicken pic was the crowning blow, lol!

he just never understood....that is his biggest fault and a shame...some of the things he did were not cool (buying and selling)...he had some nice pics...here is one
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
e<i>o said:
If you hang around long enough in ebay, you'll come across his silly ass hocking parts.

if only I could get his email....pm me if you can get it
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top