Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Full Monty Bike Bore
483 Posts
That's a nice lookin' beasty you got there.

What's the model of the Nixon?

I've just sent my Super back without turning a wheel further than the end of the street - locked solid it was and clunkin' 'orribly. I'm now waiting for a report back from the importer to see what the deal is.

Enjoy your rides you lucky devil...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes...

Renegade said:
Hey Ryan, do you have any plans for shortening that I.T. hose for the nixon fork? It looks kinda hazardous looped out big like that. You might lasso an elk that way!
LMAO!!! Actually, I'd be hearding moose up here!! No Elks in Maine. That's actually the same fork Esquire demoed late last fall on his hardtail. It was sent away for the recall and it hadn't been ridden since. The I.T. is the same length Esquire had on his Scirocco and I was just too anxious to shorten it.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Sweet! I love those Danger Boy levers! I have a set (end caps too) and they're excellent.
Looking forward to reading your post ride thoughts on the new build.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next week

I have been riding it some, but not in any of our usual spots. I just got word today that those trails should be open to ride sometime next week as long as the weather cooperates. Then I'll be able to give you a better impression, but so far, I'm very impressed.

This is my first time with the Dangerboys levers(there's endcaps too if you look close enough at the pics) and I think they're great. I don't know if there's better modulation like they advertise, but they just fit your hand so damn well. Nice stuff!!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Yep I saw your endcaps, that's why I mentioned it. The blue cross goes with your bike's theme nicely.

I have a tough time imagining how levers could help with modulation, but I will say the extra stiffness and more comfortable grip gives me at the perception of more power. I'm sure that part is all in my head, but I'm really liking the feel and look of these levers.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Glad I got an RFX

Ryan, VERY nice ride. Just enuff bling and classy color combination. Glad I got my 5 Spot/RFX stable or I'd be lusting for a 6 Pack right now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
paddlefoot64 said:
What grips are those? I have got to get some type of lock ons that are not too heavy.
LOL. You're reading a thread about a 6 Pack, and asking about the weigh of _grips_? ;)

I've got Ruffians on my Spot, and love 'em, but don't know how much they weight. They're the best grips I've found in the wet (either from rain, water crossings, or sweat).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Platinum

Farqui said:
That's a nice lookin' beasty you got there.

What's the model of the Nixon?

I've just sent my Super back without turning a wheel further than the end of the street - locked solid it was and clunkin' 'orribly. I'm now waiting for a report back from the importer to see what the deal is.

Enjoy your rides you lucky devil...
It's the Platinum. So far I'm liking it, but we'll see how it hold up after some hard riding and small drops (3 feet)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.