Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my entry level bike (see signature) and came across this in Pinkbike.com:

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Too old? Outdated? does anyone have one?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Think for its good condition its likely worth something in that range. Its probably IMHO on the high end of its value.

Its 26" wheel, while the new bikes use different size so are you comfortable with the old standard? I ride 26" cause I got deal on it and I don't race. I can't tell components but condition wize looks great.

I'm also not kona expert but have recently priced similar bikes. Saw a cannondale w FS and Lefty for $650.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
426 Posts
IDK what fork that is, wheels look decent. If you aren't set on 29r which it appears you aren't, and aren't worried about riding a 26 go for it. I'd put the value somewhere $550-650 pulling numbers out of my rear end.
THere is also a bike blue book which can be helpful.

I will say the Kona rear suspension is very plush. IDK about pedal bob but those who have them generally love them it seems. Hopefully you can get some other input. I'd also try posting on maybe the All Mountain forum, this is pretty quiet here.

G

·
For $500 it's a deal, anything above that is too much. The 26" wheel set is still very much in play so no worries.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! I offered $550.00 we'll see if he bites, its a DRIVE for me. I did go into my LBS to drop my bike off and did see the 29'ers and I might be interested - Currently I'm on 26 and it fits well with a 19.5' Frame.

Again, I appreciate the input gents!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cheap entertainment really, ride it for 3-4 years and take care of it, then if you sell it you can usually still get $3-400 for a decent used FS, maybe more! Cost per ride is low, and you can have a lot of fun on it. I love buying used, you take a lot less hit on depreciation, but I always build into my offer price some room for replacing unexpected things, you can't bank on everything being perfect on most bikes...although this looks good. My last frame I got here off MTBR classifieds, nice enough guy buy the rear shock bushing was worn and had a lot of play, the hanger was bent, and the headset was wacked and to some extent the headtube - biggest deal. I was able to get it back in working condition and he refunded some $ for hassle which was cool, and the price was low to begin with.

Post the outcome. 29r you will pay for newer technology over a older 26r... and vice versa you can get a nicer spec 26 for less $.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts