Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am new to GT bikes and am currently looking at 2 bikes for purchase one is a 96 GT LTS still has the super deluxe rear shock and a Manitou Vert x fork.It is equipped with a newer XTR rear derailur and only has the middle gear on the front. It also has the gold mavic 217 wheels and a front disc brake. asking price is 300 USD.

The other is a 2001 GT I Drive 5.0, this bike has rock shock front fork, not sure about the rear shock or the componets. I do know that it has a full 3 gear front crank. asking price is 250USD.

What i need to know is what bike is the better purchase. I am looking to get something that will climb as well as it goes downhill. Like I said I have been out of the mountain bike game for a while so any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I looked at the lts a bit closer and the fork looked to have some oil coming out and real slow to rebound...so I drive it is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.